Work permit issues

I think they have to be somewhere for more than a year.

They do. If its somewhere like Belgium then they have to go there for 3 years after which they may be eligible for dual nationality. If the player you are trying to get a wp for is south american then I would suggest trying to get a feeder in Spain that way he would be eligible for a dual nationality in just 2 years.

No I understand that. But say I can't get a work permit for Player X, so I loan him to my Belgian feeder club for a year. The next year he comes back, and is now a full international and a much better player. He is now eligible for a work permit. I offer him a new contract, he accepts, does that mean he got given one?

Case 2: I offer another player who's come back from my Belgian club a new contract. He's nowhere near the quality to get a guaranteed WP, yet he accepts the new contract. Does that mean he has also been given one? I don't know how to tell if they've got one or not.

Once he's been offered the new contract and accepted is there a wp symbol next to his name? If so that means that he still needs a work permit so you'll have to keep sending him to your feeder club.

To be eligible for a work permit a player must have played 75% of his countries full international matches(under21's dont count) over the previous 2 years and that country has to be in FIFA's top 80 list of countries. Failing that if he is an exceptional player who is likely to improve the standard of football played in your country then there is a good chance that you'll either get the work permit first time or on appeal.

Thanks trekman, but because I'm still pre-season, and my next game is a friendly, it's not showing a WP symbol, so I'm not sure if this is because he's got one, or if it's because my next game isn't a competitive one.

Also, there should be some way of letting us know if they'll qualify for a WP or not - I don't want to have to spend £150,000 on a signing on fee to renew someones contract every year just for them to have a WP rejected.

Thanks trekman, but because I'm still pre-season, and my next game is a friendly, it's not showing a WP symbol, so I'm not sure if this is because he's got one, or if it's because my next game isn't a competitive one.

Also, there should be some way of letting us know if they'll qualify for a WP or not - I don't want to have to spend £150,000 on a signing on fee to renew someones contract every year just for them to have a WP rejected.

your scouts tell you this in their reports

I'm pretty sure the WP icon will show up no matter what kind of match it is

Yes - a WP should be there to stop him playing in friendlys as he doesnt have a WP to play in england. (thats what it SHOULD be)

Also, when ive had players on contracts and I try and renew - if they need a work permit it tells me and refuses them a renewal. Ive had this a couple of times with newcastle reserve team members a few are 'foreign' and fail when you try and renew their contract.

Archived