Backroom Advice

I'm very grateful to my staff for their advice on our next opponents etc., but how do I communicate that to them?!

ATM, I can't say "I'll act on that!" - all I seem able to do to clear the screen is Dismiss Advice, which seems a bit rude after they've gone to all that bother...

When they're suggesting a certain player needs closing down in the next match, then yeah, you can take note of it and then choose to act on it or not, but there's no 'Thanks!' option.

There are times however when you can follow their advice. Eg sometimes a staff member will suggest a new move for a player (such as dribble down left flank) and you'll be given a 'train' button to press if you want to go ahead with that particular piece of advice.

It's a great new feature which I'm sure can be expanded further, but at the moment I'm loving it!

Also, even though you're selecting 'dismiss advice' the button really means 'I've read that piece of advice and now I'll delete it from my inbox'. I agree that the wording could do with a change as it does seem rude!

Of course it's entirely up to you whether you manually act on their advice or not...

It's a good idea, but it's not been well-thought out by the developers, i feel like it's been rushed in myself.

Particulary the match advice from the backroom staff, "X is concerned that we struggle who play a high defensive line". Thats jolly wonderful to hear, but what does he propose i do about it? There's no followup advice on how to change some tactics.

Also quite amusing to see my highly-rated Youth Coach (Brian McClair) saying i should withdraw a bid for a youth player as he isn't good enough. My excellent 20/20 Scout says "Potential to be a good midfielder". Obviously the Coaches will come out with advice at odds to other staff, i understand this. What's ironic is if i ask McClair to scout this youth player he'll tell me hes a good prospect for the future. Go figure! :)

Archived