Why is there so little to do in the training side of FM?

Recently I had a bad spell with Notts County and couldn't win! I wanted to know if my coaches (who are amazing for league 2!) were doing the right things etc. but I as a manager couldn't do much at all with training, i.e. drills, what to do in set pieces etc.

So, why is there very little to do in the training department of FM?

• Administrators

I personally agree the training module could probably do with a revamp of sorts in a future version, however you can create your own regimes and try and develop your players to suit your needs (increase technical ability for ballplayers or stamina for hard-working less talented teams.) In terms of set-pieces you can instruct players in the tactics screen - it's not incredibly in-depth but I think saying there is 'so little' is a tad harsh.

But telling your left back to mark the near post in a corner situation is all you can basically do, considering what your players want to do in a set piece situation. You should be able to say on the training ground 'how to deal with certain free kicks, or when a corner is taken what to do if they lay it up short instead of taking it straight away' etc.

Archived