Speed

I am enjoying FM a lot at the moment but speed is a big issue for me. I am a little under the spec - 1.6ghz dual core and 1014MB fwiw but it shouldn't be as slow as it is IMO.

It takes between 2-5 minutes when: a) I am saving a game b) I am exiting a game and c) I press continue after a match

I have selected FM to run under XP in the compatibility tab, but it is still very slow and 'unresponsive' at times.

Also, I rarely have nothing else running in the background, I have a large database size with only 6 playable and 2 view only leagues loaded. And I have set detail levels on some competitions to minimal. Are there any tips - especially coming from people with similar problems?

I am enjoying FM a lot at the moment but speed is a big issue for me. I am a little under the spec - 1.6ghz dual core and 1014MB fwiw but it shouldn't be as slow as it is IMO.

It takes between 2-5 minutes when: a) I am saving a game b) I am exiting a game and c) I press continue after a match

I have selected FM to run under XP in the compatibility tab, but it is still very slow and 'unresponsive' at times.

Also, I rarely have nothing else running in the background, I have a large database size with only 6 playable and 2 view only leagues loaded. And I have set detail levels on some competitions to minimal. Are there any tips - especially coming from people with similar problems?

Without meaning to sound too harsh, if you are under the spec you should be thankful it works at all.

I know it isn't as good, but play with a smaller database if you don't want or can't afford to upgrade and you want more speed.

well - I meat the requirements for ram and I have 1.6 ghz dual core (the minimum is 2ghz single core) so I suppose I am little under. I do not expect the game to run at the speed of light or whatever obviously, but I dont want it to be taking 5 minutes to save, continue after a game and when extiting. I have two question a) does the game slow down after seasons progess and b) what database sze and amount of nations/leagues would you recommend with my spec - it would be great coming from a person with similar specs too.

well - I meat the requirements for ram and I have 1.6 ghz dual core (the minimum is 2ghz single core) so I suppose I am little under. I do not expect the game to run at the speed of light or whatever obviously, but I dont want it to be taking 5 minutes to save, continue after a game and when extiting. I have two question a) does the game slow down after seasons progess and b) what database sze and amount of nations/leagues would you recommend with my spec - it would be great coming from a person with similar specs too.

small DB and england to league 2 i recommend

a 2ghz single core is still better than a duo core 1.6ghz btw

If you are happy with the leagues/nations you've got, try starting a game with a medium database and seeing if it runs at a speed you are happier with.

I'd rather ditch leagues/nations before dropping to a small DB, but test things out and see what works :)

small DB and england to league 2 i recommend

a 2ghz single core is still better than a duo core 1.6ghz btw

Right - Ok. I thought running view only leagues wouldn't effect speeds too much but obviously they do. I think I may plump for a small sized db down to BSP. At least that will take away a lot of players and I would be taking away 2 leagues too.

One final question - is a small database damaging to a 'realistic' game - in terms of choice of players and competition all over Europe? Or can a good solid game be played on a small db, 5 leagues in 1 nation on my specs?

Thanks for all the help btw guys.

What spec do you have adam? What is your exact game set-up and how quick is it?

I thought going small db with 5 english leagues wouldnt be so bad - but the small db is starting to worry me about the realism side of things. Anyone who has used small db - how realistic a game have you got from it?

Archived