Dear Sports Interactive, stop rewarding the pirates!!!

My copy of Football Manager 2010 arrived in the post today, two days early! I was really excited at the prospect of getting my paws on it during a long, stressful week. So I booted up Steam and tapped in my code, eager to get it all linked up and ready to roll!

Football Manager 2010 has not yet been officially released and cannot be unlocked at this time.

So now I, a perfectly legitimate customer, have to just sit and wait for something I've been really excited over. The thought occurred that the pirates are almost certainly enjoying playing this game for free, right now, with no such restrictions, while we legitimate customers who paid good money are sitting around twiddling our thumbs for a couple of days before it unlocks in its own sweet time.

If anyone can explain how this is (a) fair or (b) good marketing strategy, I'd be most obliged, as right now I'm seriously feeling like I got a bum deal paying for this game... :( I just hope it's worth the wait when I finally get to play!

My copy of Football Manager 2010 arrived in the post today, two days early! I was really excited at the prospect of getting my paws on it during a long, stressful week. So I booted up Steam and tapped in my code, eager to get it all linked up and ready to roll!

So now I, a perfectly legitimate customer, have to just sit and wait for something I've been really excited over. The thought occurred that the pirates are almost certainly enjoying playing this game for free, right now, with no such restrictions, while we legitimate customers who paid good money are sitting around twiddling our thumbs for a couple of days before it unlocks in its own sweet time.

If anyone can explain how this is (a) fair or (b) good marketing strategy, I'd be most obliged, as right now I'm seriously feeling like I got a bum deal paying for this game... :( I just hope it's worth the wait when I finally get to play!

You can install it offline, I did and many other people who recieved the game early did.

I agree about the pirates thing. It's sickening when you buy a game you love with your own money and then some pirates are sitting there playing the same game you put your money into for free!

Archived