If the game comes early..

You have 2 choices,

1) you can not activate but you must have the disk in the drive to load the game (You may be able to take it out after load and put it into your brothers laptop so he can load the game)

2) Activate by steam,this will lock the CD key to that single steam account (at a guess i would say if you activate using steam the game will lock until official release date).

This is what I understand from having read the forums anyway.

If you use the "disk" method without activation, you must have the disk in at all times. This way, you'll be able to play before release, but only on one computer.

If you install via Steam, as bumrar stated, it will "activate" with them. This way, the game will be loaded onto your computer but will be unable to be played until 0:01 on friday morning when Steam release it to be playable. Via this method, you will be able to use it on multiple computers, but you will both have to have Steam installed, and one of you must also be playing in "offline" mode, as you can't be logged on to steam at two locations at the same time. This is however LEGAL.

Isn't there a possibility to install via steam on one computer so you don't have to use the disc, then just installing normally on a second computer and using the disc there?

I only play FM on one PC so this doesn't really affect me, but it seems like a plausible work-around.

Isn't there a possibility to install via steam on one computer so you don't have to use the disc, then just installing normally on a second computer and using the disc there?

I only play FM on one PC so this doesn't really affect me, but it seems like a plausible work-around.

I've also been wondering this, but i refrained from mentioning it because i honestly don't know if it's possible.

My game is due to be delivered tomorrow so i can post back then and let you know.

That is a bit of a blow :(

I think my game will be here tomorrow and for some reason my disc drive failed to recognise the FM 2009 disc, so im guessing it will be the same with 2010.

...So I will have the game, but will have to wait until Friday anyway because ill have to use my code and download via Steam...:(

Archived