underperforming manager isn't fired?

In my demo game, its 10 december 09, and i play coca cola leauge 2, notts co.

While looking up the league, i noticed Liverpool are occupying place 13 of the premier division, with 18 points in 15 matches. Looking at the staff information, Benitez is still the manager.

How on earth is that possible? There Media Prediction is 2nd so it's heavy underperforming.

Squad only has 1 injury, looks fine.

Considering how contentious the issue of Benitez' job security is IRL, that's probably a bad example to pick. Besides, I tend to find that the top teams recover over the second half of the season in FM, so that's no indication that 'Pool really will finish in the bottom half and require his sacking.

I doubt this is a factor, but in real life he wouldn;t be sacked due to the five year contract he's just signed. No way can the owners afford to sack him!

This is probably the reason he hasn't been sacked... Which i agree with. (which i why its good to get a good contract at a club as it makes you less likely to be sacked! - no need to have the option to spend you wages?!!? Thats just plain stupid so don't ever think its a good idea it won't happen! /rant over)

On the other hand, In previous versions i have seen directors threatening not to renew the contracts of their managers after not winning anything for a while but every time they still ended up getting a new one even if they haven't improved. Which is wrong.

with benitez its fair enough because of finances but i think generally that sackings in the game arent regular enough especially for humans. i was never sacked in fm 09 and there was plenty of opportunities for me to go. just a thought

In FM09 I was managing Hull City, and my contract was nearing its end at the end of the third season. I finished 3rd in the league, and won the FA cup. I asked the board for a new contract, and they said I hadn't done enough to earn a new one, and two weeks later when my contract ended I was out of a job. Thats rather harsh and quite unrealistic.

In FM09 I was managing Hull City, and my contract was nearing its end at the end of the third season. I finished 3rd in the league, and won the FA cup. I asked the board for a new contract, and they said I hadn't done enough to earn a new one, and two weeks later when my contract ended I was out of a job. Thats rather harsh and quite unrealistic.

that might be harsh but it still isnt a sacking. not many managers in real are released at the end of their contract as they dont normally get that far

Archived