FM09 skin for FM10

From what I've read on the forums it seems like the FM09 skin will only be available to people who buy the game from steam. Is this true and if it is why is this the case, it seems unfair that people who don't want to have steam clogging up their computer (or even those without the internet at home) don't get this content.

I don't understand why so many people have a problem with STEAM, I think it's great. But then I was one of the lucky people who had no troubles whatsoever on the morning of release day last year so I've no reason to complain.

But anyway, regarding the FM09 skin, I'm quite glad to hear that I'm going to be able to obtain that by activating my boxed copy on STEAM. I know it would only be a matter of time before I became accustomed to the FM10 skin but I can't help but think it's a little too convoluted.

It was probably the same when making the transition from Championship Manager 97/98 and Championship Manager 3 but I can't honestly remember that far back! Either way, I'm going to be grateful for the FM09 skin because I know where I am with it.

I have had loads of problems with steam in the past and I don't see why anyone would want to install an extra unnecessary program to play FM. All it does is slow your computer down (or break it completely, had to completely restore 3 different PCs all because of steam).

Hopefully someone that uses steam can upload the 09 skin somewhere for the sensible people to download.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest RedRabbit002

I installed the game on Steam and I'm now playing FM10 (on steam) but I can only see the "normal FM10 skin" and the "dark" version... where is this FM09 skin? I don't like the new one :(

I installed the game on Steam and I'm now playing FM10 (on steam) but I can only see the "normal FM10 skin" and the "dark" version... where is this FM09 skin? I don't like the new one :(

It will be released in "A couple of weeks" That was said at the launch of FM2010. They have to change some coding and "Stuff"

I have had loads of problems with steam in the past and I don't see why anyone would want to install an extra unnecessary program to play FM. All it does is slow your computer down (or break it completely, had to completely restore 3 different PCs all because of steam).

Hopefully someone that uses steam can upload the 09 skin somewhere for the sensible people to download.

Sensible people use Steam - it doesn't slow your computer down and makes re-installing it or adding FM to a new machine a doddle.

Archived