XML Parsing Error

Hi All

I've been playing the demo for a few days now and today I got this error which causes the game to crash.

XML Parsing Error not well- formed (Invalid token) at line 1 of sound - cache - mode.xml

Any ideas what this is and how to sort it out?

Having to go cold turkey until fixed!

• Administrators

I've also updated the XML error solutions to the FM2010 Demo FAQ. Thanks.

In regards to your specific issue, do you have the strawberry or vanilla demo? Are 'sounds' ticked in the preferences? Let me know. Thanks.

Hi cheers for this.

Howevere there fixes for 2009 not 2010

Tried them and it's not worked?

Anu other ideas out there?

I realise they were 09, I directed someone to those solutions for what (I think) was the same error and it worked. Sorry for not making that clear.

I've also updated the XML error solutions to the FM2010 Demo FAQ. Thanks.

In regards to your specific issue, do you have the strawberry or vanilla demo? Are 'sounds' ticked in the preferences? Let me know. Thanks.

Hi downloaded Strawberry (Gold)

re preferences, I'm unable to open the game but I think the sounds are ticked?

Have tried solution for 2009 but nothing changed.

Cheers

• Administrators
Hi downloaded Strawberry (Gold)

re preferences, I'm unable to open the game but I think the sounds are ticked?

Have tried solution for 2009 but nothing changed.

Cheers

Try deleting your cache:

XP

1. Open up any folder on your machine. Go Tools > Folder Options > View Tab and tick 'Show hidden files and folders'

2. Go here

C:\Documents and Settings\<User Name>\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009

and delete the settings folder

VISTA

A.

1. Close all programs so that you are at your desktop. Click on the Start button. This is the small round button with the Windows flag in the lower left corner. Click on the Control Panel menu option.
  2. When the control panel opens you can either be in Classic View or Control Panel Home view:
    If you are in the Classic View do the following: Double-click on the Folder Options icon. Click on the View tab.
  3. Go to step 5.

4. If you are in the Control Panel Home view do the following:Click on the Appearance and Personalization link . Click on Show Hidden Files or Folders.
  5. Go to step 5. Under the Hidden files and folders section select the radio button labeled Show hidden files and folders. Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide extensions for known file types. Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide protected operating system files. Press the Apply button and then the OK button and shutdown My Computer.
  6. Now Windows Vista is configured to show all hidden files.

B. Go here

C:\Users\<User Name>\AppData\Roaming\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\

Let me know how you get on, thanks.

Try deleting your cache:

XP

1. Open up any folder on your machine. Go Tools > Folder Options > View Tab and tick 'Show hidden files and folders'

2. Go here

C:\Documents and Settings\<User Name>\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009

VISTA

A.

1. Close all programs so that you are at your desktop. Click on the Start button. This is the small round button with the Windows flag in the lower left corner. Click on the Control Panel menu option.
  2. When the control panel opens you can either be in Classic View or Control Panel Home view:
    If you are in the Classic View do the following: Double-click on the Folder Options icon. Click on the View tab.
  3. Go to step 5.

4. If you are in the Control Panel Home view do the following:Click on the Appearance and Personalization link . Click on Show Hidden Files or Folders.
  5. Go to step 5. Under the Hidden files and folders section select the radio button labeled Show hidden files and folders. Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide extensions for known file types. Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide protected operating system files. Press the Apply button and then the OK button and shutdown My Computer.

B. Go here

Hi

I read this on another page and followed it, but no change still same error?

Cheers

Try deleting your cache:

XP

2. Go here

VISTA

A.

3. Go to step 5.

B. Go here

Hi

I seem to have sorted it out.

I managed to load the game up again by re installing then changing the sound serrings to paly ALL.

Archived