Match Engine - Things worth taking a look at

Well, while i am impressed by the new tactical system and the match engine, there are still a few minor issues that would "perfectionise" it:

1.One on ones - well i mentioned it several times and it has no stopping, my and opposition players keep wasting a lot of one on ones during matches, especially my dear poacher, Samuel Eto'o.

2.Goalkeeper difference - I had Julio Cesar injured on international duty for 2 months (fair enough, happens), but when i started playing with Toldo who has fair stats(still think he's better IRL), he happens to make total amateurish mistakes, as if he has never played professional football before, such as going with the ball and trying to dribble opposition or something and getting scored on, as well as every shot on target is a goal with him there, too drastic of a difference in my opinion.

3.Wing corners - Every ball on the wing (Wing forward, winger or wing back) is 95% sure to become a corner, everytime a player of mine is with the ball on the wing, will try to cross and the ball will be blocked by the defender, getting a corner, the only times the cross actually gets to the goal is when there is no defender in front of the winger.

4.Long shots - i have yet to see neither Sneijder nor Stankovic hit the target from a long shot in 6 matches, let alone score a goal. And we all know they have a great shooting.

5.Bookings - i think the yellow cards are being given away way too easy, for simple duels and all that, players get booked.

Still, don't get me wrong, i love the demo, it's just some minor details that could be straightened to make it perfect.

the problem with the wing corners is something inherited of the fml match engine, sometimes the winger does have time to make the cross but "waits" for the defender to close him down. Because of this you can have a very big number in corners, far greater than the one in real life

the problem with the wing corners is something inherited of the fml match engine, sometimes the winger does have time to make the cross but "waits" for the defender to close him down. Because of this you can have a very big number in corners, far greater than the one in real life

Could be team work or crossing game?

the winger part REALLY annoys me

my wingbacks are usually in space and have ample time to cross from the byline, but even with crossing in 'often' they refuse to hit the ball until a defender is right next to them. IMO it is a major fault as it effectively makes wingplay a matter if having good CBs for corners

I'm getting annoyed with FM10 Demo already. Playing with Leeds and results are so inconsistent, I can win 3-0, 4-0 then all of a sudden get beat 2-0 by a team in 17th place at home. It's silly, I want to win all my games without trying. Dam you SI. ;)

Archived