System specs confusion - HELP!!

Hi all

I have picked up on something that is published in the system specs sticky at the top of the page it says:

'Video Card - 128MB minimum. Nvidia FX 5900 Ultra or greater; ATI Radeon 9800 or greater; Intel 82915G/82910GL or greater.

Earlier cards may only display 2D Match Viewer Mode and are not supported.

Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported.

Does this mean no laptops are supported by SI as the chipsets for no laptops are supported?!?!?!?!

Im confused, please help!

Thanks

I

Runandjump, why be so unhelpful!!?? No need

All I was inferring (may be a big word for you) was that I would have thought that SI would support SOME laptop chipsets?!

Plus Im getting a new laptop rather than a desktop and wanted to know if SI would support it?!

That doesnt seem unreasonable does it?

I

All I was inferring (may be a big word for you) was that I would have thought that SI would support SOME laptop chipsets?!

Plus Im getting a new laptop rather than a desktop and wanted to know if SI would support it?!

I

FM09 runs like a dream on my Acer laptop, the only thing it struggles with is overheating when i run the 3d match view, so you will be fine with your current/future laptop as long as you keep an eye on the heat it produces.

Hope this helps.

I

Your new laptop will support it but it obviously depends on your specs on how well it does. A basic laptop (£350 mark) will play it no problem, although you are limited on how many leagues you can have.

Older budget laptops may have graphics cards that dont support 3D but these are machines that are about 4/5 yrs old.

It just means thay can't guarantee that it will work, and won't officially help you out if it doesn't (although you'll get plenty of help in the tech support forum on here, if you run into any problems, so you'll be fine). Basically, if you have your laptop already, try the demo first to make sure it works. If you are thinking about buying a laptop but haven't yet, post the model or specs on here and odds are someone will have a similar laptop and can tell you if it works or not.

Archived