What is the offical launch date for U.S region?

Last year, Sports Interactive team did a poor job communicating the launch date for different regions. Most of us pre-ordered the game thinking the official launch date applied to all regions... That was probably one of the most frustrating thing for me for FM 2009...

Live and Learn... Any word on the official US launch date?

I pre-ordered FM (not WSM) today here in the US for $29.95 with free shipping and it says the release date is November 3rd. Amazon says I should get it on the 9th. Not a big deal if I don't get it on release day. From my experience with FM (07 and 08), the game has many niggling problems that sort of hamper it until the first patch comes out.

I'm still playing FM08, enjoying it and am in no hurry for FM10.

Am I right to think that Si said you have to have FM10 AT ALL TIMES in the compute (not only when launching)?? If this is true it's not even practical, you're assuming nobody will use the Cd driver for anything else other than FM whenever he or she is playing. If this is true I wont even buy the copy, just download it via purchase.

Am I right to think that Si said you have to have FM10 AT ALL TIMES in the compute (not only when launching)?? If this is true it's not even practical, you're assuming nobody will use the Cd driver for anything else other than FM whenever he or she is playing. If this is true I wont even buy the copy, just download it via purchase.

IIRC, you have to have the CD in at all times if you choose not to register the game. If you register the game, then you don't have to keep the CD in.

Ok, I somewhat remember now...

In North America --> Games launch on Tuesdays

In Europe --> Games launch on Thursdays

Last year the game launch date was set to a Thursday on STEAM (in all regions). However, STEAM had to change their launch date to following Tuesday in last minute for North America region because Amazon could not deliver the game until following Tuesday.

So, I expect same thing to happen this year if you order from STEAM. Although, Oct. 30 is the official launch date, they won't let STEAM release the game until the following Tuesday, November, 3rd...

I saw the same thing listed on Amazon... Nov 3 release.

Does any one sell the boxed version of the game in the USA at a retail store? Best Buy? Fry's? ...? I've never seen it before.

Twellman...you apparently didn't read the actual announcement. If you have the disc you can either play with the disc in the whole time OR you can install it then register it with STEAM so you don't have to keep the disc in after that.

Ok, I guess i didn't specify that I have a Mac.

Archived