The Mighty Cluj Not So Clever :/

I'm romanian, and I can tell you that on the world or even European scale, Cluj has never been mighty :p

Nice goal though, reminds me of FM08/07. Those types of goals never happen to me anymore in FM09.

Not in Europe but they are the "arsenal" of Romania you simply sweat blood and still you can't beat them to the title grrr

"Mighty Cluj"? I like the way that sounds :D.

It's a nice goal but lets keep in mind that we're talking about two different levels of football here. It's quite a challenge to come from a league that has no possibility of advancing, where money is little, to beating Premiership clubs (especially in the first few seasons) so I'm mostly happy when I get a few draws when playing Cluj against such top teams. I did however trash Chelsea 6-1 once :D

"Mighty Cluj"? I like the way that sounds :D.

It's a nice goal but lets keep in mind that we're talking about two different levels of football here. It's quite a challenge to come from a league that has no possibility of advancing, where money is little, to beating Premiership clubs (especially in the first few seasons) so I'm mostly happy when I get a few draws when playing Cluj against such top teams. I did however trash Chelsea 6-1 once :D

agreed, in fm07 it took me 5 seasons to build a good enough squad to challenge in the champions league (despite winning the league 4 times in a row), once in the 3rd round of qualifying i managed some wonders with dinamo buc. : 4-4 with chelsea away and 5-4 home :D

agreed, in fm07 it took me 5 seasons to build a good enough squad to challenge in the champions league (despite winning the league 4 times in a row), once in the 3rd round of qualifying i managed some wonders with dinamo buc. : 4-4 with chelsea away and 5-4 home :D

FM2007 was the last time I won CL with CFR Cluj :(... since then however it's been nigh on impossible. Best I've done was quarter-finals, 2-2 and 3-3 (at home) with Man U. At home I was leading 3-1 in the 79th minute and they were down to 10 men and they, BEYOND ALL HOPE, pulled level.

FM2007 was the last time I won CL with CFR Cluj :(... since then however it's been nigh on impossible. Best I've done was quarter-finals, 2-2 and 3-3 (at home) with Man U. At home I was leading 3-1 in the 79th minute and they were down to 10 men and they, BEYOND ALL HOPE, pulled level.

My best with dinamo buc in this years edition is 1 appearance in the round of 32 and 2 appearance in the round of 16 :(

My best with dinamo buc in this years edition is 1 appearance in the round of 32 and 2 appearance in the round of 16 :(

It's actually a pretty good performance considering how stubborn FM09 is in regards to club reputation and the speed at which players switch teams in mid-level leagues. I mean I'm happy if I can keep my CFR Cluj side together for 2-3 years with the sort of players I usually buy. The only way to keep them happy and playing is to get your club on their favored club list, but that's pretty hard considering that players are much less likely to get attached to clubs in FM09 in comparison to other FM's before it.

Still it's a shame that the competitive level in lower leagues is just not the same as it is in the Perm or Serie A. That's my biggest gripe: by the 3rd season there is no team out there that can possibly put up a good fight against mine and I play most of my league fixtures with a mix of reserves and first team regulars. That's a true shame, because in FM07 (back in the save where I won the CL :D) I had an ongoing match with Steaua for 7 seasons running and, even though the league became a 2 horse race, it was still exciting when I won it in front of Steaua's team. Now however, it's pretty much routine to win it.

Still it's a shame that the competitive level in lower leagues is just not the same as it is in the Perm or Serie A. That's my biggest gripe: by the 3rd season there is no team out there that can possibly put up a good fight against mine and I play most of my league fixtures with a mix of reserves and first team regulars. That's a true shame, because in FM07 (back in the save where I won the CL :D) I had an ongoing match with Steaua for 7 seasons running and, even though the league became a 2 horse race, it was still exciting when I won it in front of Steaua's team. Now however, it's pretty much routine to win it.

Well yes for CFR it's easy to win the league mind you took me 3 seasons to win the league with Dinamo and in the current one they lead again 8 games played 7 won 1 draw :(

Try a different team and you'll see there are still challenges around :D

Archived