Suggestion/New Feature - "Plug 'n' play" game

Couldn't think of a better name, hope this is the right place to post a suggestion.

Scenario: You're playing FM, let's say as Man U, your team is fantastic (in your own opinion) best players; super tactics etc

Your friend is playing as Barcelona, Real or Man U....whoever, again he thinks his team is fantastic, best players etc...

You might be in totally different seasons (as in different timeframe)

It would be great if you could put your team with tactics & players onto a USB stick, pop round your mates house and have either a one-off game/tournament/league with your finely tuned team.

Perhaps choose the "plug 'n' plug game" option. Finally settle all those "my team would beat your team" type of arguments.

The massive difference to a networked game is that it is quite possible that you could both be playing as the same team i.e. Man U; or even same of the same players i.e. both might have Rooney, or in totally different timeframes i.e Team A Rooney might be 26, Team B Rooney might be 31

There would be no database as you couldn't transfer players, you've got your squad and that's it, whether it's a one-off game, a tourament or a mini-league between a few of you.

I suppose you could expand to include an online game where you submit your best squad of players, again no database of players to use for transfers, and you battle it out with strangers or friends but from the comfort of your own home. Again it's possible for a player to be in more than one team.

What do we think?

This idea has come up before (years before I mean). It's not something I would use myself, but I can see the appeal. I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to export your teams players/attributes to a file that could be then be used to play one-off matches against other such teams.

But then again, I'm not a programmer :D

I like it. Would settle a lot of debates me and my mates have had about the better tactic and teams we have. I am sure my Birmingham side would beat one of my mates United side because he is tactically poor, but there is not way to find out. There will be people who wouldn't enjoy and use this feature, but I know I would. Saying this, I would rather other parts of the game be developed before this is implemented.

It is opening up a big can of worms. I doubt it will ever be done otherwise we'd have already seen one-off match modes. That kind of gaming is probably best left to FIFA/Pro Evo.

One match mode has the problem of an absence of morale, form and such. Here, the variables would be taken from an ongoing save.

Would be fb if it worked, but I don't know anyone who plays FM :(

Archived