Using the reserve team?

Hi all

Just started a new game with Man Utd.

I just wanted to ask a question about using the reserve team for some of my senior squad members to help keep their fitness up etc, for the likes of Wes Brown, Ben Foster. Should I allow them to play in the reserve squad or should I try and rotate my team as much as possible.

Thanks

That's your choice to make, but if you're asking for what other people choose, I'll start off by saying that I only use the reserve-team if my 1st team has enough (read: too many) good players. For instance my second goalkeeper and back-up youngsters.

It's up to you really. I usually have about 15 or 16 players that will not play in the reserves as they will constantly be in and out of my first team. The rest play in the reserves and are just brought in as needed.

It's worth keeping an eye on your fixtures though. If you have a match coming up and you know you want to play reserve team players, take those players out of the reserves in the run up to the match so that they don't end up playing a reserve game a couple of days beforehand.

Ok thanks

I just don't want my players to start getting unhappy because they are not getting much play time at all. Even if they are just playing some reserve matches, im sure it will keep them happy for a bit before I decide what to do with the player.

Ok thanks

I just don't want my players to start getting unhappy because they are not getting much play time at all. Even if they are just playing some reserve matches, im sure it will keep them happy for a bit before I decide what to do with the player.

They'll still get unhappy if they don't get enough 1st team playing time it just helps to keep them fit so they are available when you want them.

Archived