Penalties.... suggesting for FM2010 and a wee rant

Just the simple option to tell them to shoot where they want. just not through the middle! pleeease.

There are just too many times, when I select players with a high penalty stat (16-18) and the ejit just shoots straight down the middle, which I've NEVER seen a keeper fail to save.

What are the stats governing where they pick their spot? Through my months of play I've seen some players with high pen stats along with high bravery/composure/finishing take these crappy penalties with shocking consistency. I die a little inside whenever i see it happen. I really do rather my players blow it high and wide than that.

in real life it works sure (though still a pen for those without bottle imo) but in fm apart from a few keepers, they mostly just stay in the middle and dont attempt to guess a side most of the time. it was a prob in previous years as well, they fixed it up a bit in fm09 but there's still massive room for improvements on how penalties are handled.

in real life it works sure (though still a pen for those without bottle imo) but in fm apart from a few keepers, they mostly just stay in the middle and dont attempt to guess a side most of the time. it was a prob in previous years as well, they fixed it up a bit in fm09 but there's still massive room for improvements on how penalties are handled.

If you get a good penalty taker they hardly ever miss. I've got Tom Kennedy (Rochdale irl) with 19 for pens and 17 for composure and he's only missed 1 in 3 years, and that bounced off the post and came back out

Archived