Newbee to FM, unsure which FM to start out with??

Hi all, This is my first post so go easy please:)

I've been playing championship manager for 17 years. When the split happened I stayed with Champ man. Although I very happy with all of championship managers offerings I have never actually experienced Football manager so I have decided to give FM ago so I can come to my own conclusions on each game and hopefully be able to enjoy both games.

My Question for you guy's is would you wait until FM2010 is released or start on say FM2008/2009 ETC to "break myself in"??;)

Thanks in advance.

If I were you I'd download the FM09 demo and play that until the FM10 demo is released in mid-October.

That'll get you used to the changes since you played a SI made game.

If you really need a full game then see if you can get FM09 for a fiver; I don't think it's worth paying more then that for 8 weeks playing time before the ful FM10 release.

I was in the same boat as you mate, until last summer. I thought I'd give FM08 a try - and it was a positive experience. Having said that, it did have it's drawbacks too - but Spankie has given you good advice; I'd just mess around with the demo until the new demo comes out in the middle of October.

Archived