Technical help needed

I'm looking to buy a new laptop that I would be capable of playing FM quite comfortably on. I made a note of the 09 specifications for XP (1.46Hz processor, 512MB memory) and have found one quite cheap that meets those requirements. However, I don't really understand how the graphics stuff works, so was wondering if anyone could take a quick look at the spec and tell me if it would be good enough to run FM on. Cheers:

http://www.dixons.co.uk/martprd/store/dix_page.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@2087557194.1251725167@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccgdadeieimkjgecflgceggdhhmdgmi.0&page=Product&fm=null&sm=null&tm=null&sku=018726&category_oid=-32665#productInformationSection

The graphics card appears to have 128MB memory which is the minimum required but I suspect this is onboard so will be shared and will not cope well with the game graphics. The rest of the spec is at the absolute minimum for the game to run, so I would not recommend this machine as you will struggle to run the game at any acceptable speed and may not be able to use the 3D graphics

If you play in commentry mode, then I think that graphics card is enough. But spare few more bucks and upgrade the memory to 2GB. Otherwise FM will not run many leagues. I hope you don't want half enjoyment over FM. :)

I'm looking to buy a new laptop that I would be capable of playing FM quite comfortably on. I made a note of the 09 specifications for XP

Most new laptops would come with either windows vista or windows 7 and not xp. If you want a reasonably good game with plenty of leagues then I would suggest something along the lines of:-

2GHZ processor (core2duo at least)

2GB RAM

A big hard drive 200GB+

I would also suggest that if possible you shop online and avoid places like Dixon,Comet, Currys & PC World. You should be able to get a laptop with a good spec a lot cheaper online than you would at the places i've mentioned.

Archived