Corner Tactic/Glitch?

Hey all,

Which do you consider the corner exploit to be, a tactic or a glitch.

I can see the reasons for people trying to reason with it being a tactic and nothing has been done that is not allowed. But everytime I brought myself round to using it, I won. But it sure didn't feel like it.

Also, does anyone know if it's being adressed for FM10?

Much appriciated. :)

I consider it a bug which coincidentally or not isn't an outlandish tactic (challenge goalkeeper, see Gomes/Reina plus aim the ball there) so people run into it a lot. People may not have seen other ways of organising corners either.

I don't know if it will be addressed in FM10 considering SI didn't do anything about it for FM09.

I use it - for me, it's just exploiting the system to my benefit, I wouldn't say I was cheating. It's not like I score with every corner anyway, I certainly don't score from a disproportionate amount of corners. Anyway, you've got to play well enough to get in the opponents final third to win the corners in the first place! I can see why people would think it was cheating, but each to their own. People pay their money for the game so should be allowed to play it however they choose.

its not about free will or if you can or not do it.

its about having the your season as realistic no cheating as possible I find the corner Glitch pretty bad and i hate scoring from it so I put an instruction which i don't do it as much and i find my self don't doing it for like 2 seasons :D

and I agree that people have a choice on what to do but people that don't like cheating and what's a -non cheating season will not like the corner Glitch and try and avoid it

When the corner Glitch happens I don't feel my players deserved it or I deserved it being a manager is hard and I do not wish to make it easy by doing corner Glitch on my matches.

I can see why it gets called cheating, however i think its a realistic tactic and if the match engine causes it to be extremely successful its hardly the players fault. I'd always put corners on Gomes' or Givens head and get someone to attack the ball. In reality as well i always challenge the keeper in the air at corners, its a realistic tactic but due to the match engine it has unrealistic results.

...hence making it an exploit.

An exploit is a malicious way of causing unexpected behaviour in a program/system for unfair gain. So if you seek to have Samba score 50 goals a season, then yes, you are exploiting it.

But if you are unknowingly benefiting, you may simply be clueless. Is it fair to say that some players will stop doing the corner trick because it's unrealistic, or because they are exploiting? If they are unknowingly benefiting, are they exploiting the system? I do not believe so, as there is no malicious intent on their behalf.

Archived