winning the premiship tittle on the last day

I was in second position with 85 points with my weymouth team, man city were sitting just above me with 86 points there goal diffrence was better than mine by 4 so if the lost a drew wouldnt have helped me win so i had to set out for the victory.

you can imagine how nervouse i was sitting in front of my computer bitting my nails, so i started the match and in the first 20 minute man city were 1 nil up against newcastle (newcastle are sitting in 3rd) so i thought it was game over at that point 5 min later my weymouth team scored we went on to win 3 nil gainst tottenham who were relegated anyway. when the game had finished i had thought man city had one the game because when i had looked just before end of the game the score was still 1 nil so i hitt continue very upset.

On my new screen i was expecting to see man city won the premiship, instead i see weymouth retain the premiship, i was very shocked and thought it was a bug of some sort so i had to check the results to my pleasure newcastle had scored in the 90th minute.

i was so pleased i decided to tell you all :D:D:

This reminds me of the last day of the season when I was looking to win my 4th straight League title. Arsenal and Liverpool were both ahead but had far inferior goal difference. Arsenal were on 86, Liverpool on 85 and me on 84 points, with Arsenal having led since the 10th game. All Arsenal had to do was record a win against out of form Bolton, but after half an hour they were 1-0 down and a man down due to a sending off. With me comfortably beating Huddersfield and Liverpool only drawing the chance was there. In the second half Arsenal went 2-0 down, putting them completely out of it more or less. I beat Huddersfield 5-1 after 94 minutes with Liverpool's match still showing 0-0 against Hull on live scores. I get to the next screen, and Liverpool had scored in the 96th minute via a penalty, to lift the trophy. I was devestated :(

On FM08 I was managing Napoli in the 2020s. In my first season there we chased Juventus right to the wire and on the penultimate day they lost at home to Roma, meaning that we were three points clear going into the final game. Both teams faced tricky away trips: we were away to 3rd placed Sampdoria, Juventus visited Milan. Both Juve and Sampdoria had to win to prevent us taking the title.

We took the lead at Geneva early on but we were outplayed as half of the defence was absent through injury. However, Juventus went behind three times at the San Siro and it looked like we would hold on as well, even though Samp equalised just before half time. In the 89th minute an aimless hoof landed on their deadly striker's feet and he did not miss: 2-1 to Samp... that was the final result. With increasing terror I switched to the latest scores screen to discover, horror-struck, that Juventus scored in the 82nd and in the 91st minute and won 4-3 at Milan, thus winning the title...

I could never rekindle my enthusiasm for Napoli and Serie A and was off at the end of next season.

Once won it after the last day (CL final you see) with a win to give me victory on GD (having been 3 points down with a round to go, they had a shock defeat on the final weekend) after one of the best 2nd half of season comebacks in both main competitions I've ever managed (arsenal over 10 points clear in late january and looking like one of those times when a team runs away with it, and forcing extra time in the CL 1st knockout round with a stoppage time goal). Never looked back since.

Archived