Help with Lower League Finances...

Hey,

Firstly, i have read the other threads about gaining money by trying to attract big teams for friendlys to gain extra boost in cash!

However, I am managing Derry City, my first season in charge i was able to get newcastle and a few other top clubs to play, which in all got me about to 500k for my club. I only started with 100k! A nice 400k profit from 4 games.

Anyway, after the first season went by, it fell to about 100k again.

I am starting my 2nd season with about 300k, (after winning a cup and finshing 2nd in the league, which got me some money back). My dilemma is, i am bound to go into red by the end of the season, as prevoiusly it cost me around -400k to run the club for a season. So i technically will be in the red about -100k after the 2nd.

I cannot attract big teams for friendlies, as the Irish league starts in Febuary, mid way through pretty much every nations league games. I have tried leagues which are opposite, like Irelands, such as Iceland, Brazil but no friendlies accepted.

What can i do to stop my club losing such money? my wage bill is 4k under already, and cannot be squeezed any further. The same with selling players, it cannot happen as i already have a small team.

any ideas?

Thanks!

With a team that size it is going to be difficult to raise funds. It seems you are doing OK though.

Unfortunately, you are going to have to sell your better players if you want to keep the club financially secure. The key is to know when to sell and at what price, then to search and search until you can bring in good replacements on a free who can be sold on.

The only other thing I can think of is getting a parent club, but seeing as you've put some thought into this I'll assume you've already tried!

Yeah, a parent club would hep, as they pay you a fee at the end of each season, and you'll be able to get some decent players in, without having to shell out for wages.

Also, and I know it's easier said than done, try and get a good cup run going, as the prize money will be a nice little earner. Basically, money comes from success, it's just an unfortunate fact that it's hard to have success without money!

Oh, and whenever you do have some spare cash lying around, ask the board to invest in training and youth facilities. This will help improve your player's stats and give you better odds of gaining quality regens through the youth system.

I've been in Gundo challenge in the welsh league and prize money is your best bet. So winning the league and a european run is needed. I now have 5 mil by winning the league 2 times and good run in champions league which netted me loads as I made the group stages but after that I'm lossing 50k a month if I don't get a few home games because of wages ect but I spend 10k on them so not much:D but thats low club management for you.

Another option I personally find a perfect idea when closing the financial gap is organizing friendly cups or leagues, quite an easy way to earn serious money. And don't be afraid to invite bigger clubs, they sometimes agree to appear at your tournament which naturally boost money you earn on it.

Managing Finances in Lower League is very very hard. I'm Havant and W boss and I started season 1 with 125k and now I'm at the end of the frst season and I'm 213k in the red. You relay need a good cup run and a decent league finish to stay in the black.

Same! I am Havant & Waterlooville as well and my fianances have been in the red since I took over the job (1 year ago game time) I am about 165K in the red

yea although i'm in my second season and I have made about 5 new signings. 1st in league in september 6 points clear

First season: Loss of 315K. (I came in November)

Second season: Even

Edit: 198K IN THE RED!!!!!

Archived