Playing on Samsung NC10 Netbook

Hi,

Has anyone played FM 2009 on a Samsung NC10 Netbook? If so;

Did you have any issues?

What was the speed/performance like?

What is the battery life like?

Can you update with official updates and use editor?

Here is the spec of the system i am thinking about buying:

Intel Atom N270Processor - Energy efficient Operating System - Windows® XP Home Memory & storage - 1GB Memory & 160GB HDD Portable - 10.2" Widescreen Display & 1.3KG Extras - 7hrs battery life & Bluetooth Stylish blue design 1.3MP web cam Built in speakers 3 USB ports (1.6GHz, 533MHz FSB, 512MB cache)

I am also open to other suggestions of good compact laptops that will play FM2009 on my travels.

Thanks for your help!

I played FM2006 on a Flybook with much lesser specs. I even believe the Flybook only had 256mb RAM.

For one league it went ok, more leagues was a pain...

I bought the NC10 a week back and will install FM on it, but for sure not FM2009 cause that doesnt even run smoothly on my 4 years old desktop with better specs then the NC10.

So my advice: Try FM08 and forget about FM09. If FM08 doesnt run smoothly then go back to FM06. (i hope i can find my 06 gamedisc again....)

for all what its worth: past weekend I had to revert to my eee pc 701 since I broke my regular laptop's power plug. Installed XP, and then of course I wanted to try FM. Couldn´t install FM09 because I lack an external DVD Rom for the eee and all my USB sticks are still only 1 GB. So, it had to be FM08. Installed, then of course problem with the game not being playable without CD. Forgot about that. Well, I could tell you now that I borrowed an external CD-Rom and I got the game going. 12 leagues, large database, 800x600 res with a screen res tool for the eee. Overclock tool to get the Celeron to 1 Ghz. I´m in heaven. Works great. Of course, takes it time to process data but it´s not too bad. Don´t know, how it´ll be after a couple of seasons. 2D is without any stutter. Have to say, that I compressed my C:drive, since it´s only 4GB in total. So, it could well be that FM runs even smoother and quicker without compression. Ram is only 512, so with XP and 1GB you also could see a better performance. Don´t know if it´s enough for FM09, though. But yes, FM08 is feasible on any netbook that matches the 701 EEE, and which one doesn´t.

Archived