Various Frustrations to a Fantastic Game

1. Even if Vagner Love played in the WUSA, he wouldn't score as many goals as he does in my FM game. Somehow, he's by far the best player in my save; that shouldn't happen in another five life times. I propose that to make up for this egregious error, his attributes should be docked in half across the board for next year's version. He'd still be too good. Whoever put in the attributes for Vagner Love clearly decided to play a huge joke on everyone.

2. Can we get a version of this game for those of us who are trying to hold down a job and some sort of social contact on the side? I feel like every year the game gets more complicated and you have to adjust another bunch of sliders or click through another set of options like press conferences or something. Next year's version will make us design each player's daily diet with slider bars or make us review video with the team between each game or something. Or maybe we can hire sports shrinks to manage every player's uber-delicate psychology for us on a daily basis. The game needs to be made a little simpler and intuitive for me to get more enjoyment from it.

3. The ridiculous goal droughts need to be scaled back. Especially when you have a striker who can also play as an attacking midfielder. When you play him as a midfielder for a few games and he doesn't happen to score, then when you put him back up front, he's suffering some extreme life crisis for a month and you have to endure Bendtner's finishing for a month.

4. Sometimes I feel like Wenger was sadistically involved in making sure every user of this game feels his pain with the amount of injuries that happen. It's just a bit much for me sometimes.

Does anyone else feel this way?

Agree with Cysne. Once you have a few decent tactics saved you only have to tweak them for each match, doesn't have to take a huge amount of time. However it doesn't want to be a game that you can just keep loading yoru tactics and click continue and win. It is supposed to be an in-depth management game.

Yes although i do agree with a few of your points, it sounds like in essence FM isn't the game for you. Arcade style management isn't a shining point of fm (and heaven forbid it ever becomes one) and i personally enjoy the depth of options

I didn't mean to be a troll. I guess I should clarify that I do love the game and I think the makers of the game have done a fantastic job overall. Better than one could reasonably expect. I do enjoy the depth of it to a certain extent. I wouldn't want it to become an aracade style game either. I think I just object to what I perceive to be the increasing complexity of it. Maybe I'm slower than other people but I think the steep learning curve of the game requires a lot of time and effort to become successful at it. This has probably been discussed elsewhere but I think that it might be an issue that almost all of the feedback and suggestions that SI receives are from the hardcore community looking for more challenge and more in depth options. Perhaps difficulty levels could be an option?

I didn't mean to be a troll. I guess I should clarify that I do love the game and I think the makers of the game have done a fantastic job overall. Better than one could reasonably expect. I do enjoy the depth of it to a certain extent. I wouldn't want it to become an aracade style game either. I think I just object to what I perceive to be the increasing complexity of it. Maybe I'm slower than other people but I think the steep learning curve of the game requires a lot of time and effort to become successful at it. This has probably been discussed elsewhere but I think that it might be an issue that almost all of the feedback and suggestions that SI receives are from the hardcore community looking for more challenge and more in depth options. Perhaps difficulty levels could be an option?

You do have difficulty levels in FM, in this case 100's of it. Example : Easy = Man City or any rich club.

Anything more then that would require them to go way of FIFA Manager (which also looking to increase difficulty , just fyi).

Archived