Gah! This game makes me so angry!

Ok, playing as Hamilton in Scottish Division 1, and Sevilla offer me a goalkeeper valued at £300k on a free trasnfer.

I check him out and while he looks a little better than my current keeper, he's on £5k a week, and I can only offer aroung £1k a week, so reject the offer.

About a week later, they offer me him for free again. I reject again.

About a week after that, they offer me him again, again on a free trasfer, more out of frustation at constantly saying no, I accept, and they come back saying they want £6k for him!

Now, I can afford to pay the £6k, but I don't really want the player, and he's highly unlikely to even come should my offer me accepted.

Now I know I should have made the offer non-negotiable but still, it's madness.

Needless to say, I rejected it.

Ok, playing as Hamilton in Scottish Division 1, and Sevilla offer me a goalkeeper valued at £300k on a free trasnfer.

I check him out and while he looks a little better than my current keeper, he's on £5k a week, and I can only offer aroung £1k a week, so reject the offer.

About a week later, they offer me him for free again. I reject again.

About a week after that, they offer me him again, again on a free trasfer, more out of frustation at constantly saying no, I accept, and they come back saying they want £6k for him!

Now, I can afford to pay the £6k, but I don't really want the player, and he's highly unlikely to even come should my offer me accepted.

Now I know I should have made the offer non-negotiable but still, it's madness.

Needless to say, I rejected it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> In football, "no" is a firm answer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its not though really. Look at Ronaldo-Real link. Man Utd have said no, Real are still doing their best to sign him.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Neji:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> In football, "no" is a firm answer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its not though really. Look at Ronaldo-Real link. Man Utd have said no, Real are still doing their best to sign him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Except Real are just talking about signing him to the media. They're not making countless bids of the same amount of money to Utd.

The Ronaldo-Real case is slightly different though, you're dealing with a top club and a player who is considered world class by many. When you combine 2 outstanding things as such, it's a whole new ball game.

In the case of the original poster, it has happened to me many times before and I'm sure to others as well. It's a player who is average of quality, has very little to no interest in joining a non-top flight team, and once the opposing team has said no, the offer is still made continuously. Why? That's what I mean by that statement.

And of course, what tubbycrabs said. icon_smile.gif

I do recall Madrid making an incredible offer of a total of £150m, not all in cash of course. The offer included Robinho, Sergio Ramos and Mohamadou Diarra.

The "ethics", if you will, of the FM transfer engine is what I'm getting at here. That's what needs to be fixed.

Yea I hate the repetitiveness the game gives at times. The one about a former player annoys the hell out of me. When you're 15 years in, and have had a lot of players, (young players released, transfers, loans and Trials) - you get it practically every match.

And yea, the kid was on trial for 1 day, but I don't need a comment about it every time he plays against me.!!

Thing is, the keeper is not being offered just to you, he's being offered to clubs including yours. When you accepted, a bunch of other teams probably did too so they thought they'd try and get some money out of it.

Still annoying of course.

Archived