New Game Idea

I have come up with a new idea for a game, Chairman Manager. The premiss of the game is simple, it is about a Chairman who is a wanna be Football Manager. The role as the Chairman, you, is to undermine your manager at every turn, sell players without his knowledge and generally ruin the club.

The interface, this the best bit, is a spreadsheet. There will be about 10 different spreadsheets and it is your aim to go through them, it is all about balancing the books. There will be two ways to win the game, ruin the club or balance the books.

What do you think? I think it is amazing. I've copyrighted it so don't bother trying to copy it or i'll sue your ass.

This is blatently a wind up.

Yes. But the OP's point is valid. It's too easy for clubs to buy players, for players to get disillusioned. When a player is being courted by a larger club you may as well not play him.

I think it needs tweaking, that is, the effect moral has on a player's performance. Ronaldo knew he wanted to move to Real for probably 18 months before it happened, but he turned in performance after performance.

there should also be some sort of benchmark for Chairmen selling players over your head, not comparing price against current rep, which is how it seems at the moment. Your star regen pinging in 20 goals in four months in the Championship and worth £5million should not be sold for £10million to a Prem team over your head.

Yes. But the OP's point is valid. It's too easy for clubs to buy players, for players to get disillusioned. When a player is being courted by a larger club you may as well not play him.

I think it needs tweaking, that is, the effect moral has on a player's performance. Ronaldo knew he wanted to move to Real for probably 18 months before it happened, but he turned in performance after performance.

there should also be some sort of benchmark for Chairmen selling players over your head, not comparing price against current rep, which is how it seems at the moment. Your star regen pinging in 20 goals in four months in the Championship and worth £5million should not be sold for £10million to a Prem team over your head.

The OP didn't even mention half of the stuff you just said about?

I'm pretty sure the OP is taking the pee out of the game for being too technical and Excel like - suggested by the sarcastic 'this is the best bit' comment and the copyright rubbish.

I agree, I have taken over Hamilton in Feb 09 and they just got relegated. All my current players have interest, mainly the young starlets, such as Easton, McArthur and McCarthy. In May and the Start of June their values were high, £1million, then when the leagues updated themselves their values dropped by half million. So Rangers and Celtic come in to buy them offering round about £1million, the Chairman excepts. Why did the game drop their values?? I could have may got £2million with causes.

Then they all reject the move saying that they should get more money, They all bid again and they reject. So baring in-mind that they all want to move on I decide to offer them to clubs. I make a deal that will accommodate me, then they speak out that they are shocked and annoyed with me for offering them to clubs. What the hell??

The OP didn't even mention half of the stuff you just said about?

I'm pretty sure the OP is taking the pee out of the game for being too technical and Excel like - suggested by the sarcastic 'this is the best bit' comment and the copyright rubbish.

I was and am taking the wee wee, but he does have a point and that is what started this post

Archived