"yet to see a return on last season's transfer funds"

newcastle. got them promoted from the championship, then 7th place in the premiership, with an fa cup win too.

i wanted enough money to try and buy joleon lescott, and they said they'd had 'no return'!

what about the fa cup on their desk, eh?! ; )

just seems a bit daft/unrealistic. if i popped the fa cup onto the desk at st james park, as they haven't won it since 1955, whoever was in charge would be throwing wodges of cash at me, not denying my request for an extra £7million!

I was Sporting CP in 2021

Been there for 4 years, dominated portugal football for all those years

Finally make a breakthrough in Europe and was champions league runners up! Great i thought now i just need to kick on and buy two world class players to take it one step further

my transfer budget was 3.7mil! 3.7mil! I got the same message as the threads title!

i had won the leauge and cups in portugal that season aswell so there was no beef with me.

There was also over 20million in the bank balence of the club too

that's harsh!! i'm not quite sure what the decision is based on, but sounds like you should've been given the keys to the city, never mind the transfer budget you wanted!!

as for my example, there's £42 million in the NUFC bank, and the wage bill is TINY!!! no-one is on more than £40,000k (Dean Ashton).

so where's my cash for joleon lescott??

Yeah, i hate this, i won the League with city 2nd season and got them Messi, Gerrard, Aguero, Eto'o , Trezeguet ( then sold on ), Fazio, Zhirkov, and loads of others and they say they want to see a return form the money spent :confused: what more do they want

also i am Rangers just now and i have nothing to spend in January and the board said i have enough funds to go with . £0 isn't going to get me a lot, i had to sell to buy because if it, definetly needin looked at , financial side of the game is a bit dodgy :p i think you should be able to put money from selling players into your bank so you can have a better bank balance and get new training facilites, stadiums etc ..

Is it possible that the board are talking in money terms?

You know when the board sometimes take a dividend payout, maybe this has something to do with that. They could just be totally selfish wanting to take cash for themselves.

hmmmm, not sure about that. dividends haven't been mentioned.

in my game, newcastle is owned by a group of fans, not mike no-cashley. oh if only that were true in real life! ; )

just noticed as well that apparently i am an 'under pressure manager', despite the fa cup.

WHAT?!!

Archived