Suggestion: Online Mode?

Hi, I have a simple suggestion for fm10 for the online players such as myself.

Playing online has 1 main drawback and that is game times, now fm is created with reality in mind so games such as La Liga are spread out on saturdays and sundays, which slow down the whole online movement if one player plays one day and the other the next. Now what would be good is if on setting up of the game the host has an option (a check box) thats called online mode. This online mode sets all game times and days from the leagues to the same, this would enable two players to go into two different leagues and play games at same time. The main reason that I suggest a check box is that some players may prefer to not have this to help maintain realism.

A good example of how this would work is like the Aerie a, all games are played on sundays unless games are moved for European fixtures, Serie a has worked well for me and my friend who play online however, it would be good if other leagues had a facility to have games at same time.

Thanks for reading, any thoughts or opinions welcome.

But thats different from actual game times is it not?

La Liga, like the premiership operates over saturday and sunday (Correct me if i'm wrong but the games arn't moved for tv its just when their played), where as Serie a is just sunday.

I am idiot, for this whole time I thought that you had to have it checked! no wonder our games were not at the same times lol. Do I have to start again, does it occur instantly or do I have to wait until the next season?

In the Manual it says this "this is another option which is used for network play.If you want all players to to play their fixtures on the same day you must enable this option"

I am confused now

Thanks

In our online we have teams now in both 1. and 2. Bundesliga and 1. Bundesliga matches are always played on Saturdays while 2. Bundesliga matches are played on Sundays which is quite annoying really. And 'Move games for tv' -option is unticked.

So, yes, I'm all in for this online-mode idea here where there would be the same match day throughout the leagues, be it unrealistic or not :)

I am idiot, for this whole time I thought that you had to have it checked! no wonder our games were not at the same times lol. Do I have to start again, does it occur instantly or do I have to wait until the next season?

In the Manual it says this "this is another option which is used for network play.If you want all players to to play their fixtures on the same day you must enable this option"

I am confused now

Thanks

Make sure it's unticked by all of you when the next set of fixtures are generated and you should be fine for that season.

What he is getting at is if 2 players play online and one person wishes to play in the english premier league and the other in the serie a, the person who plays in the epl will play on saturday, and the player in serie a will play on sunday (unless european fixtures are taking place). Now what he wants is to move the times that a league plays its games to a time when every other league will also play their games. For example; move the serie a games to 15:00 on a saturday. This will allow players to play games at same time but play in different leagues. It will mean that a season can be played a lot quicker.

Unchecking/Checking the Move matches for TV option has nothing to do with this.

What he is getting at is if 2 players play online and one person wishes to play in the english premier league and the other in the serie a, the person who plays in the epl will play on saturday, and the player in serie a will play on sunday (unless european fixtures are taking place). Now what he wants is to move the times that a league plays its games to a time when every other league will also play their games. For example; move the serie a games to 15:00 on a saturday. This will allow players to play games at same time but play in different leagues. It will mean that a season can be played a lot quicker.

Unchecking/Checking the Move matches for TV option has nothing to do with this.

Ye, ty thats what i meant :p

An addition to this topic is a slightly changed variant of this idea, having every league set to play at the same time may be too much of a load on the performance it would also require more data to be sent over the network which is what this idea was designed for.

So as an alternative solution would be to choose ingame what leagues will be played in so if theres 2 players in the game who play in league 1 in France and the Italian Serie A, the game on start-up can be configured to set those leagues to co-ordinate game times to allow both leagues to play games at the same time.

Or the game could be dynamically set-up so if the on-line mode option is ticked when the game is first created the game automaticly co-ordinates the leagues every season with the playing leagues, so if 1 player moved from la liga to the premiership the la liga fixtures would no longer be co-ordinated however the premiership ones would be (oviously this would only change once a year when the fixtures are drawn).

Any views?

Archived