Scouting Networks

How come when I am searching for a scout based in South America, there is none? Is this down to my own clubs network? Do I have to send a scout to that region, for me then to be able to hire staff from that region too?

Sorry, I thought that Scouting, was the same as Good Player Guide, well at least in the same theme.

Anyway,

Well I am searching for a scout based in South America, and there is none. I am on the huge database too.

I think the staff search screen works in the same way as the player search screen, so you are limited by your scouting knowledge for the staff you can see. Sending a scout to South America may well help you find more staff by raising your scouting knowledge of South America.

Sorry, I thought that Scouting, was the same as Good Player Guide, well at least in the same theme.

Anyway,

Well I am searching for a scout based in South America, and there is none. I am on the huge database too.

Odd...have you got any South American leagues loaded? maybe you have some sort of filter on your search? Or the scouts in South America won't realistically join you?

sorry if this seems a bit thick but...

what's the difference between having a scout based in south america and just sending a scout to south america?

A South American scout will keep his original knowledge of South American countries, whereas a scout sent there will lose his knowledge of those countries while not scouting them.

I've only just started playing FM09 so excuse my ignorance here but how do i base a scout in a country? At the moment i have just various assignments to my scouts.

Thanks.

I think when he says 'based' he just means the scout is of that nationality, so already has knowledge of that country.

Hmm, well even if I filter there nationality as South American, I get nothing.

Could just be that there are no South American scouts in your game as none of their leagues have been loaded. Have a look at the staff lists for some clubs, are there any in there?

I can't find any in my game either, the game doesn't seem to have many staff members from inactive countries.

Yeah that could be it. It's the part of the game I hate to be honest. I want to be able to access all the leagues, and all the players/staff - but I don't want to play them leagues. I don't think it's much to ask.

yea its a backward step in fm09. the world scouting is expletives! even when you are a world class team you are limited to 4 affliate club relations. the amount of foreign staff (scouts mainly) from varying countries is appaling. theres not many nations to choose from at all.

is it even the same coders that worked on 07 working on these new games? looks like they got bought out on the sly. either that or theyre not passionate about the game anymore.

hope theres a south american scout on your game ONE DAY. we live in hope!

Archived