Transfer AI is Rubbish

You can bid infinity for a player and the selling club will still accept tuppence from another bidder after accepting yours. I tested this by bidding 40m Euro for Vargas and watching Liverpool's 13.75m+clauses get accepted a few days later. I have to get around it by making the player hate the competition with RTE.

Clubs also do not stall enough to wait for bid wars. I have to reload-rebid repeatedly to simulate what I do when I'm selling.

He does have point about the higher/lower bid. Clubs shouldn't accept bids lower to one already put forth unless there's a small difference between them and the player is adamant he wants to talk to the lower bidding club. I don't know how hard it is to incorporate that into the game. Going to RTE, which I assume is a utility, is a bit drastic but to each his own.

I don't get your second grievance to be honest. What do you mean?

Using RTE to stop low bids is not drastic. Using it to delete all extra positions from every player to stop the attribute weight issue is drastic.

"I don't get your second grievance to be honest. What do you mean?"

When I offer to clubs I reject all bids if there are many and re-offer at a higher price. I also stall as much as possible. The AI just instantly accepts any tuppence bid. E.g., I only had to offer 10m for Vargas, who had over 7.5 average rating. This also contributes to the problem of being able to scoop up all good players in the game at the beginning. The only reason I even had to wait until other teams were interested in Vargas is because I ran out of budget in season one from buying all of the other top players for change. (I'm not going to holiday through season one just to let the AI valuation kick in.)

For some reasonless reason, Fazio with his 6.6 season rating is hard to pry away, but Vargas gets pushed out the door for chump change with 7.5. Unless it has something to do with BBVA being Active and Serie A not.

Yeah I agree with you on the second point. It is too easy to snap up all the best talent at the beginning of the game.

I tried signing Vargas in my second season. I put in a small bid but they came back with something around GBP25 mil.

I guess it's because their current ability hasn't developed yet. After one season of development their value goes up.

G0d I doubt that av match form comes into play when determining player value. After all form is temporary class is permanent.

Some shortlisted players became much harder to bid on at the end of the first season, such as Corluka, Fazio and Akinfeev, but Vargas during the first holiday season was estimated by the scout to go for 7.25m Euro.

Because I'm playing Man City I started at 10m Euro to make it a little more certain. Other clubs came along with ~13m+clauses. I jacked it up to 20m, instantly accepted. Then Real Madrid comes in at 19.75m+clauses, instantly accepted despite the fact that I would have one-upped them until I won. For the seller's own good he should be greedier and let the auction go on. Reloading and going higher and higher before RM's bid didn't stop RM's bid from being accepted. After I made him hate RM and bid 24m Liverpool came with a bid at the level of the original set that all got rejected, instantly accepted.

If all that isn't asinine, I don't know what is. You realize, of course, that the idea behind elevating bids is an alternative to offering a wack contract to compensate for rep. I just assumed that it would work and didn't save beforehand because I've done it before and didn't get results this stupid.

Mind you I wanted to buy Ashley young once because I needed an English player for the Champ League squad. They kept on asking for GBP28 mil. I thought that was crazy so I kept on withdrawing and bidding hoping they'd give in. Eventually they did they asked for 18 + 3 over 18 months. I tried to negotiate by asking to pay the 3 mil over 24 months instead of 18 but they rejected straight away and offered him at 32. I ended up settling for Shaun Wright Phillips for 12. Ended up with the highest assist that season and the season after.

Be persistent you might get lucky and if you do just accept the lower bid if you think it's reasonable. I should point out that the player was unhappy the hole time because they kept on rejecting my bids but that happened weeks before they lowered their bid.

The transfer market has been terrible for a few versions and still not perfect. Why on earth should we pay 40m for a 5m rated player, when we sell that player we cant even get 2.5m ?

It needs to be levelled out to benefit both us & the AI.

When you pay 40 mil for a 5 mil player you're basically paying for the potential + importance of player to club. The only way I can think of to fix the transfer system is to replace the CA/PA system or somehow make PA harder to spot. Right now AI knows and users can spot PA using good scouts.

Si can lessen the importance of PA in a player's value to the club but that'd only give us an advantage. Another thing they can do is place duds and hidden gems. Players who are touted to be amazing by the best scouts but never really develop and vice versa. The AI has to be fooled too though.

"Are you a rival club?"

Man City - Fiorentina

As for regens costing a lot, I got a brazilian 6-7 star one in season one for chump change. Comes back to the question of whether Brazil being inactive makes that difference. Have to see what happens when a Spanish/English one comes along.

Archived