One idea: Being able to Defer managerial changes

I think one big change/improvement or whatnot for 2010 or whenever

should be the ability to accept changes in managerial roles for the next season.

My example, would be that i have built up Aston Villa to pretty much the highest standard that they are going to get.

I would love my chairman to build a new stadium but there is no way of asking for that as far as i am concerned and therefore, at the current state of my save game, bar some kids i have bought who i think will be magical in a few years, i am winning everything,

As a result i have a huge desire to move on and try my qualities at a new club (AC Milan have offered me the job)

But i believe you should be able to accept the job on the basis that you will start the next coming season.

i.e. you will finish your season with your current club and do your best, knowing that you are leaving at the end of the season to take on new responsibilities (ala Guus Hiddink if we want a current point of reference!)

What does everyone else think?

Good idea?

Bad idea?

i didn't realise you could do this at all!!

Maybe i should reconfirm my interest and see if I get the job offer again and see if i can defer it.

Dont know how i missed that, thanks for the info!!

well you can't do it in regards to national jobs, ive just qualified for 2022 World Cup, and all the teams that didnt make it are offering me jobs... i would accept the job after the world cup... but cant so ill lose that job...

Be careful. I accepted a job with another club to move at the end of the season, this made me move on May 14th, a month before the end of La Liga (where I was) meaning I missed out on the Champions League final with Valencia. I was very annoyed. This feature needs to be implemented to move on July 1st so you cna finish you season and then move when the transfer window opens.

Archived