Bids under 1k

I have successfully made a bid for £660.

This is an area that I feel is somewhat off-kilter, especially for LLM management.

Here's the scoop:

1. The UI rounds an exact value to the nearest £1,000 when listing your bid.

2. When you first arrive at the "make bid" screen, the bid is for the exact asking price.

3. When you click "Up" or "Down", or select from the drop-down, you get an honest 1,000.

4. Clicking on the asking price sets the bid to the exact asking price.

5. Clicking on your transfer budget sets the bid to the exact transfer budget.

So, example:

My transfer budget was £660. The AI's asking price for a player was £900.

When I first went to the "make bid" screen, it showed my bid as £1,000 - but the actual bid was £900 - still more than I could afford.

If I clicked "Down", I would set the bid to £0 - less than the AI would accept.

However, by clicking my "Transfer budget", I set my bid to £660 - although the UI still showed my bid as "£1,000".

It does seem ridiculous that, when every pound matters, we can't put an exact bid to it - I might have rather bid £400 on him, and had £260 to bid on somebody else.

Anyway, that's why you occasionally make a non-zero bid when the UI looks like its telling you "£0" - the asking price may have been £400, which the UI rounded down to £0. You could have reduced it to £0 by clicking the "price down" or by selecting "£0" from the drop-down menu.

Unintuitive? Very much so - and its an area I hope SI consider updating in future.

If you could be bothered, could you not change your currency to something else with a higher denomination than the British Pound?

e.g. Bid 1000 Pesetas for a player which is approximately £500.

A way around it perhaps?

That's actually quite hilarious .. I'm tempted to try it the next time I have a transfer budget. :D

Japanese Yen, perhaps.

It really is something I'd like to see modified in the UI, though, the "bid" drop-down ought to scale depending on my transfer budget; its pretty silly to have the "£20M" option in the drop-down when my transfer budget is £660.

Precise text entry might be the best way forward.

I have successfully made a bid for £660.

This is an area that I feel is somewhat off-kilter, especially for LLM management.

Here's the scoop:

1. The UI rounds an exact value to the nearest £1,000 when listing your bid.

2. When you first arrive at the "make bid" screen, the bid is for the exact asking price.

3. When you click "Up" or "Down", or select from the drop-down, you get an honest 1,000.

4. Clicking on the asking price sets the bid to the exact asking price.

5. Clicking on your transfer budget sets the bid to the exact transfer budget.

So, example:

My transfer budget was £660. The AI's asking price for a player was £900.

When I first went to the "make bid" screen, it showed my bid as £1,000 - but the actual bid was £900 - still more than I could afford.

If I clicked "Down", I would set the bid to £0 - less than the AI would accept.

However, by clicking my "Transfer budget", I set my bid to £660 - although the UI still showed my bid as "£1,000".

It does seem ridiculous that, when every pound matters, we can't put an exact bid to it - I might have rather bid £400 on him, and had £260 to bid on somebody else.

Anyway, that's why you occasionally make a non-zero bid when the UI looks like its telling you "£0" - the asking price may have been £400, which the UI rounded down to £0. You could have reduced it to £0 by clicking the "price down" or by selecting "£0" from the drop-down menu.

Unintuitive? Very much so - and its an area I hope SI consider updating in future.

My experiance in quite a few transfer dealings as well.

I think there should be an option in preferences to enable the player to micromanage transfer amounts.

That, or change the scale of the rounding and the drop-down based on your club's transfer budget.

When I have a budget of £250,000, increments of £1,000 work for me, and variance of plus or minus £450 is acceptable.

When I have a budget of £1,000, an increment of £1,000 doesn't work for me, and variance of plus or minus £450 is ridiculously high.

Archived