York city

I have recently taken over York City from the beginning and I presume it is coded for them to move into a new stadium in 2013. No tonly is it that far away but it is also a less capacity. My current is 9000 with about 3000 seated while the new one is 6000 (I don't know how many seated or not). Is this correct and is there anything I can do about it as it seems strange they would move to a smaller stadium and if so I might as well start a new game. Thanks

Kkas - stick it out. York City are one of the few clubs owned by a Supporter's Trust, which means they're one of the clubs all footie fans should support. :D

As I understand it - from California, so some of my details may be off - they're moving from a stadium owned by the public, which they lease. The lease payments are cripplingly large. Since they don't own it, they can't expand it.

The new stadium will be owned by the club. It will start out at 6,000 capacity, but be built on a site which they can expand, with an expansion to 10,000 capacity already designed, but not commissioned to be built.

In-game, you'll go from a 3,300-seated, 9,000-total, can't-expand stadium to a 6,000-seated, expandable stadium.

You should see attendance jump up when the new stadium arrives - partly from curiosity-seekers, partly because a stadium built in 2013 will be viewed as "more comfortable" than a stadium built in 1932 or thereabouts, and partly because of the seated capacity increase.

York City are a fun club to play, tough to keep out of debt early with the stadium construction, upkeep on the old stadium, and lease payments, but very rewarding if you can get them moving upwards.

I live in york and this is the 1st I heard of a new stadium lol, guess imnot in touch with real ife. I thought the stadium move in game would have been to the Huntington Stadium which houses York City Knights rugby club as that has smaller capacity.

kkas - I'm glad to hear it!! I had a quite enjoyable LLM game as York City back in 01/02 days, and since then, I either start as them or make them my "Favorite Club" in every version of FM. Have started following them IRL, as best I can, and hope to get to Bootham Crescent before they move!

Archived