Laptop question

I want to buy a laptop solely for football manager so I can run quite a few leagues and have the game run quickly, only problem is I don't have a clue what specs to look for and stuff like that because I'm not very well up on computers:s was wondering if anyone could help? At the moment I'm looking at spending not much more than £300, I never use 3d if that helps at all, thanks in advance:thup:

The important specs are:

The best dual core processor you can get- try for 2 at 2.0GHZ

The most RAM you can get- at least 2GB but more is better

The best graphics card you can get, with 128MB of its own memory and preferably not on board the motherboard- this might be a issue with your budget

The important specs are:

The most RAM you can get- at least 2MB but more is better

The best graphics card you can get, with 128MB of its own memory and preferably not on board the motherboard- this might be a issue with your budget

A machine like this would set you back £500-1000 unless you get it in a very good sale.

If all you are looking for is a laptop for FM09 and are prepared to wait, look for 2nd hand laptops running XP.

Vista is very greedy on your processing and ram while XP requires less.

A 1.8 single core processor with 512mb of ram would be ok. Would set you back no more than £100. If you keep buying your local ADS paper or look around on ebay you should pick one up, though I'd recommend seeing it before you buy so you can see if it switches on:).Then go to PC world or similar shop and buy more ram. XP can take a maximum of 2gig and that would be very fast.

I want to buy a laptop solely for football manager so I can run quite a few leagues and have the game run quickly, only problem is I don't have a clue what specs to look for and stuff like that because I'm not very well up on computers:s was wondering if anyone could help? At the moment I'm looking at spending not much more than £300, I never use 3d if that helps at all, thanks in advance:thup:

I bought a laptop recently for the same reason. I bought a Dell Inspiron 1545 (I think that's the correct model number) and FM2009 runs on my new laptop like a dream. It has built in wireless capabilities so you can even upgrade to FM Live without too much trouble.

I got my laptop from Tesco for £349, a bargain and it runs the game perfectly.

The important specs are:

The most RAM you can get- at least 2GB but more is better

I have a similar spec to this and currently run 25 leagues and its quite satisfactory for my needs although its gets a bit slow after a while but thats ok because I am patient. One thing though about the ram. Make sure that the version of windows(assuming your not interested in a mac) is the 64bit version because the 32bit version won't recognise anything over 4GB but 2 should be more than enough for FM.

Archived