Dividends

How is the amount of money paid to shareholders decided?

It seems whenever I make a profit in a season, money is taken away.

The higher the profit, then the more money is taken through dividends.

How is it decided then?

It makes me feel that I should just use the money and buy extra players, because the money's only going to get taken away anyway.

• Administrators

They take a certain percentage of whatever you make throughout the year, I'm not 100% sure what that percentage is. You have to realise when a club has shareholders they see the club as a business, therefore they are more than entitled to take a certain amount of money each year. To be honest you won't really get too many benefits if you constantly spend everything you're given - it's better to be consistently in good profit and lose a bit to shareholders than just spend spend spend IMO.

Yeah - just venting a bit :rolleyes:

Thanks, any ideas which clubs in the Prem don't take out dividends? I'd imagine ManCity would be one.

I'm assuming most clubs have shareholders so you're always going to have clubs paying their shareholders at the end of the season.

• 4 months later...

Is there anyway to find out in Data Editor which teams will never pay dividens no matter what. Or even better is there anyway to adjust this in Editor.

I personally do not want to receive extra investment money nor pay dividents. I feels so bad when I sell my players to save money and suddenly most of it is gone. I know many teams in real life follows these rules but there are also many teams who do not have shareholders and therefore they dont pay dividends.

Is there anyway to find out in Data Editor which teams will never pay dividens no matter what. Or even better is there anyway to adjust this in Editor.

I personally do not want to receive extra investment money nor pay dividents. I feels so bad when I sell my players to save money and suddenly most of it is gone. I know many teams in real life follows these rules but there are also many teams who do not have shareholders and therefore they dont pay dividends.

If a club isn't a PLC paying shareholders, it's still subject to the chairman/board helping themselves to their cuts. If you're lucky you'll have a chairman who loves the club and just keeps altruistically giving, like the chairman of Gretna - and look what happened.

Man Citeh is the exception and this scenario is covered by the 'sugar daddy' option. Whenever the balance goes into the red - whether through dividends or your bad financial management, he'll keep pumping money in to keep you in the black.

• 3 months later...

I made a profit of £3m this past season. Quite pleased with myself.

But then the board decide to pay £15 in Dividends. This resulted in a Net Loss for the year of almost £12m.

This seems a bit extreme, even although I had about £20m in the bank.

Archived