Finally Caught By The International Call-Up Bug

See, and there was I thinking the whole thing with league games taking place while players were on international duty was a problem for other people...

It's taken until March 2021, but I've finally seen it happen; ended up holidaying for the first time ever in FM or CM as I couldn't be arsed playing with greyed-out players (and ended up losing two points of my Premiership lead after a 2-2 draw at Wigan...)

Incidentally, the reason it's happened appears to be that the game's forgotten to have a February international window, and instead given the national teams a friendly on the Wednesday after the March international window; as the games are so close, the squads are picked together and the players stay with the squads, so the league games scheduled on the weekend inbetween get snarled up in it.

There used to be a problem in the older games (certainly 05) where internationals clashed with the CL quarter final 1st leg. That just may have been non-european teams but even then it shouldn't happen even if that particular problem has cleared up. Even now as non-european teams often overlap with everyone else returning and also play at different times (not just the ANC) as do youth teams and occasionally players are missing during points in may. Not been a major problem for me due to my squad policy (aside from the youth) but still if coupled with an injury or 2 can be disruptive, and its not easy having that sort of depth for most people.

I remember this happening in FM08 for me. My first choice striker, an American, got called up for the Gold Cup the week of the CL Final! The worst thing is that he didn't play any games until the following week! Needless to say I was furious.

Archived