Ideas to make international management more interesting

just a couple ideas that I think would make international management more interesthing:

1. If you are managing both a club and a nation and select players from your club for the nation media would wonder whether the only reason they are being picked is because they are players from your club. This would give moral boost to some players who would like to prove a point and break other players confidence and of course would make you look good or bad depending on whether the players you choose performs or not.

2. Players benefit from having knowledge of their opposition so for example if you are playing again England you might benefit from playing a player who plays in the premier league and therefore have better knowledge of the players in the other team than his teammates from other leagues.

3. Height factor being taken into account since it is such a big deal on South American world cup qualifiers (which lead to the President of Bolivia officially signing for second division club of his country) and as far as I know is not taken into account in the game.

4. Choosing Venue and time of the day for the game since these are big deal in international games. For example when the U.S. National Team plays Mexico they have to choose between playing in Los Angeles which would mean a full stadium where most people would root for Mexico or somplace else where the stadium might not be full but whatever little support would be would be for the U.S. Norway have to choose between playing in the coldest parts of the country where theyd o not have as big stadiums but have an advantage against their opponents not use to play in such cold conditions or play in bigger stadiums in area that are not so cold. If you are managing the spain team and have 5 basque players in your team you might benefit from playing in the Basque country as it would give a moral boost to them ect....

sorry thats right I meant altitude the president of bolivia signed to play football cuz they wanted to prohibit playing football in such altitudes and he wanted to prove that if a middle age man could play football in La Paz then professional footballers should also be able to do it

I think FIFA match days need to be included. In Asia, many qualifier matches are played on non-FIFA matchdays, leading to players who are playing outside Asia not being released by their clubs. For Australia particulary, it means that the side is sub-standard and made up of local league players

Archived