Question about press conferences

when they ask you about your tactical approach whether its going to be positive or negative what is the benefit of responding, I always say is careless to disscuss tactics because, well I dont see a benefit of telling the other guy what my plan is, is there any benefit of telling what your plan is or if you tell the opposite of what your plan is does it manage to confuse AI managers?

I have answered this question all the possible ways, sometimes I lie, sometimes I tell the truth and sometimes I have said it would be 'careless to discuss tactics' as you have. On the media feedback on the press conference it has sometimes focussed on this question and said "the team should react well to Soncks handling of the question."

Seems to me like if the players think you are making a 'sensible' answer they will respond well, as when I look at the players responses to the press conference are 'pleased with their managers comments'. I have no idea what I said that pleased them to be honest, so I wouldn't worry too much about this particular question.

I usually err on the side of being positive, especially if you are a top team, expected to win. I will be more likely to make no comment when away to a big team. As to the effect- who knows? It is a minefield and given too much importance by the game IMO. How many of Man Utd players listen to Fergies news conferences and are swayed in any way by what he says to the press?

when they ask you about your tactical approach whether its going to be positive or negative what is the benefit of responding, I always say is careless to disscuss tactics because, well I dont see a benefit of telling the other guy what my plan is, is there any benefit of telling what your plan is or if you tell the opposite of what your plan is does it manage to confuse AI managers?

I've not noticed the AI getting any tactical advantage from me by knowing what formation I'm going to play. I said I was going for all out attack and the AI just played their normal game, which doesn't prove much in itself, but I don't think the AI glean any information from your press conferences.

Archived