My strikers

They look quite similar to me - the one on the right has slightly better attributes IMO, but the one on the left has a lot more flexibility. I like the fact that you can play him in more positions than just ST, I like the fact that he is Either footed, and the fact that he's an FC indicates that he has a high hidden Free Role attribute.

I don't think you can go wrong by keeping either; is there really no way you can keep both happy in your current formation? Think of the way Sir Alex uses Berbatov, Tevez, and Rooney, keeping each other sharp through constant competition and keeping each other fresh-legged through substitution and rotation.

If I had to pick, I wouldn't do it by attribute comparison, I'd consider things like - do your coaches indicate that one likes the big matches, or that one is particularly consistent? Which has you as his Favoured Personnel already, or lists the team as his Favourite Club? Which seems to respond better to you in team talks?

You're welcome! If you're going to sell one, then, I'd sell Calder - Ruddock will be more responsive to your praise/criticism/team talks by virtue of looking up to you as he does.

Regarding your tactical shift, a wholehearted endorsement - if that can fit your tactical scheme, I'd be quite inclined to go with the AMC/Free Role position for Calder and the ST position for Ruddock. Calder will help link your midfield with Ruddock, and should play it more as a deep-lying striker than as a midfielder. He definitely has the creativity and passing ability to make it work; remember to bump up his training in Attacking if you go this route. He'll be more effective at it if you can get his Passing up above 15.

I'm running a bit of a home-built 4-4-2 based on the TT&F thread, so I definitely have one withdrawn striker (free role, less forward runs, lower mentality, more through balls, etc) and one attacking striker (more forward runs, higher mentality) - I'd be perfectly content slotting Calder into my withdrawn ST/Free Role and Ruddock into my attacking ST role. (Well .. more than content, as they'd utterly dominate for my Blue Square Premier side!!)

Note that keeping them both gives you another advantage, namely, that if you suffer a long-term injury to one, you still have the other to rely on, which may keep your title chase from faltering.

Archived