italy under 18

I remember having the option to approach to sign under 18s in italy due to their inability to sign professional contracts but no longer have this option. Does anyone know why or how I can sign them wihtout having to bid obviously.

I'm not sure if the ruling has changed because I know Lazio's chairman Claudio Lotito was wanting the rules changed when he lost Kiko Macheda to Man Utd last season. The ruling must have changed since then I presume.

No the rule has'nt changed but Platini wants it changed so the super rich prem clubs dont just come in and poach the young talent,you should only have to pay compensation usually somethin like 200k.The ruling in italy is that a player under 18 can only sign a youth contract until he reaches his 18 birthday and there's a wage cap on this type of contract what is 16k a year i think but in the prem this rule does'nt exist so any hot prospect just gets poached and offered more money.In regards to Macheda Lazio treated him like dirt his father had to keep taking time off work to take him to training so he asked Lazio president Lotito to pay for some of the expenses and he refused and only offered to pay them when he heard Man u were interested so Macheda just told em to stuff it.

If you're managing a team outside the E.U. then you won't be able to approach these players due to FIFA's ruling that players under 18 can't sign for teams outside their national borders. Countries within E.U. are exempt.

Archived