The attitude to ideas by the community

This will probably get closed, but I want to express how disappointed I am at how this 'community' treat members when replying to ideas.

This thread and this thread are prime examples of people saying unnescessary and unconstructive comments to an idea. I find it very frustrating and would hate to receive this sort of reaction when I thought I had come up with a decent idea.

My message is, in a thread where you disagree with an idea please stop belittling the opening poster and at least post some constructive crticism rather than your typical 'lolzz that wouldn't be realisstczz would it stoopid'.

I think people forget that Sports Interactive use the ideas created by the community and the attitude towards the less popular ideas could really put off users putting in their ideas.

Dear me mate please get a grip people have every right to say they dont like a idea just as people have right to post ideas. Some people like to have a bit of banter but then people like you turn up and start the stirring in a very clever sly way:thdn::mad:

Yeah, I can't understand what you're saying, really. The first was a rather ridiculus idea and the second a decent idea, but some users thought otherwise and expressed their point of view. If i think something is unrealistic I 'll say so. Do we have to agree to everything?

Edit:ridiculous

Dear me mate please get a grip people have every right to say they dont like a idea just as people have right to post ideas. Some people like to have a bit of banter but then people like you turn up and start the stirring in a very clever sly way:thdn::mad:

'Friendly banter' isn't very friendly unless the opening poster finds it funny. But in the examples above, the opening poster does not take part in the banter and was trying to make an idea and would rather not have had it belittled.

If you want to continue to insult me, please PM me :)

Yeah, I can't understand what you're saying, really. The first was a rather ridiculus idea and the second a decent idea, but some users thought otherwise and expressed their point of view. If i think something is unrealistic I 'll say so. Do we have to agree to everything?

Edit:ridiculous

I am pointing out the posts which do not offer anything of any value. If you think something is unrealistic then there is nout wrong with saying it; it would probably be better to say 'it is unrealsitic because...' rather than some of the posts above.

I have to say after reading through both of those threads that you are spot on peter. the attitudes by certain posters in them are basically "I don't like the OP's idea so I'm gonna flame the thread." These users need to think about their actions and realise that everybody is different in their ideas and likes/dislikes before hitting post.

Bar a few comments in ideas threads a lot of posts are basically saying this is a carp idea lets not bother. It's this type of post that keeps me out of GD a lot and in the CSE forum a hell of a lot

'Friendly banter' isn't very friendly unless the opening poster finds it funny. But in the examples above, the opening poster does not take part in the banter and was trying to make an idea and would rather not have had it belittled.

If you want to continue to insult me, please PM me :)

Got better things to do pal them pm you think you need to get out more. Its people like you why ive been keeping away from GD forums and staying in beta testing forums

Once again, if you want to bicker, take it elsewhere please.

If you don't like a response, then report it and the mods will decide what to do with it. We would much prefer you to report posts rather than comment on other peoples posting styles.

Archived