Playing an AML at ML

As far as I can tell it depends on his rating for the ML position. If you are playing with your AML set to "forward runs" to "often" then he will actually be in the AML position when your team has the ball (if I understood the game correctly - someone might correct me on this if I'm wrong). Ususally though, according to my experience at least, most AMLs are pretty proficient in playing in ML position, but you would probably do well to assure that he's not terrible there (I do use AMLs for ML with forward runs set to often, the arrow pointing up in the field indicating this, and they are doing very well)

Hope this helps :)

best thing to do is train him in a new position of left midfield, if he's already accomplished in a few months he will become natural and play better

also the coach reports will rate him better. i.e is a good player as opposed to decent in left midfield which they would be at accomplished

Any reason I shouldn't play him in the AML poisiton in a 4-4-2 i.e. defensive gaps?

It may be that he doesn't track back and protect your full-back (hello, CR7!). AML is a little more attack-minded than ML, but it doesn't appear to be to a significant extent, o it more depends on having the right attributes and player instructions.

In the same vein but a bit further back, I play with wing-backs. When one is injured or tired and I don't have a replacement, I use an ML/R. In the wing-back position he'll get a red dot, so I nudge him up to ML/R where he'll have a green dot. With the right instructions, he generally does the same job as the wing-back.

I have a classy AML, but want to use him in ML with forward runs. He does not have ML as a position he can play, and comes up with a red dot on tactics. In the 3D graphics, he seems to inexplicably walk around the pitch really slowly, and make daft passes.

I am training him to play ML, and he is currently yellow blob, and seems to be playing well.

Sometimes I move him in tactics to an AML position, so he has a green dot, and seems to then play well, but it does leave a big gap between mid and def.

Hope thats constructive!

GHT

Archived