strikers cant score

My apologies if this has been posted before.

im now into my 2nd season as celtic manager, only 5 games left. 1st season my top goalscorer was jan venegoor with 12 goals, then scott mcdonald with 7. my midfield and defence pitched in with a few goals and we won the league.

this season its the same, strikers cant score more than 12 or 13. i loaned my 4th choice striker out to reading, steven fletcher, his value doubled and he scored 14 in 20 including goals against man u liverpool arsenal and chelsea!! he comes back to me and couldnt hit a barn door!

anyone else think this is a bug, or is it my tactics? i have tried everything tactics wise. im using patch .3 and i know this is the most up to date one but is it really the best one?

Im in 2009/10 season with Ajax and my best scorer so far is Gabri (17 goals from 39 games).

But in Eredivisie it seems that nobody is able to keep scoring consistently. Gabri has 11 league goals, my striker Cvitanich has I think 7 or 8 league goals and Eredivisie scorers table is lead by Pogrebnyak (AZ) and Paulo Henrique (Heerenveen) with 12 goals each. And there's 31 games played!

I think it's reasonable to expect that there's at least couple of strikers able to get 20 league goals for season (34 games) and several can score around 15, but it seems that goals are really equally distributed within teams. Which, of course, is not a bad thing if you have several players you can count on in front of the goal.

This is one of the things that has irritated me most about FM09 since 9.3.0 was released. There's always people saying their strikers are scoring plenty of goals and I just don't know how they get them to do it. Very frustrating.

Im in 2009/10 season with Ajax and my best scorer so far is Gabri (17 goals from 39 games).

Anelka scored 21 in 39 games and Rooney scored 18 in 32 games this year IRL, while playing for top notch teams. I don't think your numbers are low at all. My present top striker in BSP scored 18 in 27 games (all from active play), and i find that really good for his stats.

People should stop expecting that every average Joe can score 50 in 50 like it was happening with FM 08.

It's just not realistic(FM 08 ratios), and that is what SI is keep trying to achieve ..realistic ratios.Little bit over 0.5 goal per game is great average IRL.

Anelka scored 21 in 39 games and Rooney scored 18 in 32 games this year IRL, while playing for top notch teams. I don't think your numbers are low at all. My present top striker in BSP scored 18 in 27 games (all from active play), and i find that really good for his stats.

People should stop expecting that every average Joe can score 50 in 50 like it was happening with FM 08.

It's just not realistic(FM 08 ratios), and that is what SI is keep trying to achieve ..realistic ratios.Little bit over 0.5 goal per game is great average IRL.

thats fair enough but how often shld 3 strikers go on goal droughts, think its about twice a season for all my strikers! plus im in the spl, iv heard ppl tlkn about mcdonald scoring 25-35.

thats fair enough but how often shld 3 strikers go on goal droughts, think its about twice a season for all my strikers! plus im in the spl, iv heard ppl tlkn about mcdonald scoring 25-35.

Honestly, goal droughts in FM are overblown by game itself.Striker doesn't score in 3 games and he has goal drought(according to media and prematch reports), while IRL it's something that occurs relatively often and it's not noticed on this level.

It is true that in SPL 'big firm" players are scoring more then in EPL, but it was mentioned several times on these forums that data used to balance the game was from EPL and that it is impossible to tailor every league to own mentality(i wish that it is ..i would love to play old fashioned Catenaccio in Italy with success)

I have 3 players that are scoring rather decently 19, 15 and 11 goals in (now) 28 matches and i am middle table BSP team. All of them have finishing below 10.

It did took me some time after 9.3 to streamline striker usage and playing on their strengths , but they are doing fine now.If i had my tactics tweaked prior to the season , then i would assume that those 19 would be closer to 25 , at least, and very likely 35+ on the end of the season.

Archived