"Back to basics" Sign-up/Experiment

Hey all

What I'm looking for, is 10 or so people, depending on popularity. What I'm looking for in these people, is veterans of the game who are fairly good at it, who take a strong interest in tactics. It would involve playing in a game where you were to use ONLY a classic tactic (I.E the W-M, the Pyramid etc) to help the community gain an insight on which country welcomes the classic tactics back in. The countries I have decided to select are:

England

Scotland

Russia

Austria

Hungary

Italy

Germany

Holland

Denmark

France

You would pick a team from this country, any league structure, and implement any classical tactic of your choice. You would then stick with this tactic, altering it to fit in with your league. After three or four seasons, we would gather together all of the data, and find out which country welcomed back the classical tactics. Obviously I am giving you a creative license here, but there are some rules:

NO use of the editor is permitted

NO scouting utilities

Player naming is ALLOWED

Once you pick your team and tactic, you MUST stick with them.

Only ONE league structure may be loaded, but as many leagues as you want

You MAY retain players from other countries, but please specify which countries and only 3 are allowed

this is the sign-up layout:

Team:

Tactic:

Nations loaded(only 3 please):

Nations left

England

Scotland

Russia

Austria

Hungary

Italy

Germany

Holland

Denmark

France

1:

2:

3:

4:

5:

6:

7:

8:

9:

10:

What do you mean by "You would then stick with this tactic, altering it to fit in with your league"?

I thought the point of using a specific tactic would mean not altering it at all.

Interesting idea though.

I like the idea, but it's a big commitment and would be difficult to stick to in certain situations, where you may be desperate for a goal and want to throw another striker on, but this challenge wouldn't allow you to do so.

Archived