Something interesting i have noticed!

from reading many many posts about people getting frustrated with the tactical side of this game (i personally think it is pretty good) because it is hard to understand, doesn't get implemented properly and all the others supposed problems, i have come up with a conclusion. SI have created a game that is tactically the same as real life, i have read posts where people have said things they didnt like in the game that were true in real life, e.g. having to change tactics for every game and every situation. however i think this is quite good as SI have pretty much summed up what happens in real life, albeit maybe even more than irl. anybody else noticed this?

:thup: exactly! Managers have to adapt their tactics for different types of opposition, playing surface, weather etc.

I can understand why people are moaning because they want abit of fun from the game but I like the fact that we have to tweak our tactics here and there. It adds to the realism and makes you think like a real manager :)

yeah i am saying from what i have read, many people say moan about the tactics but say 'even though this is like in real life' they dont like it in fm. but yet the whole idea of fm is to create a simulation of real life, which they have done if the tactics replicate real life. i confused myself with the more realistic bit, i meant with all the sliders for defending, attacking mentalities etc.

my overall point really is that i dont understand how people can criticise this game because they cant win and that the tactics are too much like real life. surely it cant be more fun to win every game with a single tactic without changing anything.

so job well done to SI.

Only a few people have complained about having to change the tactics for every game or home and away games and such, I disagree with those. But most posts I agree with complain about the tactics not being realistic because you have about 20 'notches' on each slider and changing it by one or two can make a huge difference.

This means that it's not realistic because a manager would say 'make forward runs at every opportunity' or 'only occasionally make a forward run' and the manager wouldn't have 20 variations of this.

Archived