CM 2 on Vista?

I know it's not strictly Football Manager and I know there is a sub-forum for older CM series (however it never gets any posts) but I thought I'd post this here.

Basically I have recently fell out of love with FM due to it's complexity and to my delight managed to find my old copy of Championship Manager 2! However when I tried to play it, it wouldn't work. I have installed it OK but when I click the CM2.exe file it comes up with this error message.

j125g9.jpg

Does anyone know how to get CM2 working on Vista, is it even possible? Any help would be much appredciated.

Lol I downloaded dosbox and I even went through their 'how to play your game in 60 seconds'. I didn't understand any of it, it's like a foreign language to me. Is there any simpler way? If not could anybody please exaplin it English to me? Thanks.

Dosbox would be a good starting point.

So cool to see DOS4GW there, brings back some wonderful memories of installing games then spending hours getting them to work.

I remember those days too, spending hours trying to get a game to work. In fact they were only a few months ago when i bought FM09!!

Install Dosbox.

Drag the CM Setup executable file onto the Dosbox desktop icon to lauch the programme and run the CM config. Turn off the sound. Save and exit. Drag the CM game executable onto the dosbox icon and your game should run.

This is from memory of using dosbox and using CM2 soooooo long ago. I know Dosbox has problems with sound on some games, so it's best to turn it off. Hope this works for you!

• 7 months later...

Archived