Current/Potential ability.

you can use genie scout and find out how that youth player will be...i always use it when i go to a club, so that i would know who will remain and who will be free released...there is no cheating with it, so there is no trouble about that :)

Thanks, that's what I was unsure about. I really wouldnt wanna be cheating on footy manager.

Is it something that runs alongside/during gameplay or something you use seperate from the game??.

There are various scouting/editing programs. So run alongside the game, others look at your saves.

Personally, I like MiniScout, cos it's nice and simple. I don't use the scouting side of it, but I like to have a look at my players, see how they're developing and so on.

you can use genie scout and find out how that youth player will be...i always use it when i go to a club, so that i would know who will remain and who will be free released...there is no cheating with it, so there is no trouble about that :)

Sorry but I don't know how you can say that.

I for one would definately class it as cheating and I think most serious FM players would agree.

You are using third party software to access information that is not available to you in the main software in the same form.

Thanks, that's what I was unsure about. I really wouldnt wanna be cheating on footy manager.

Is it something that runs alongside/during gameplay or something you use seperate from the game??.

Then you definately should avoid using third party scouts. It reveals hidden information about players and you can use it to see ALL players in the database, not only the ones that are "known in your region". You're not really supposed to know the CA and definately not the PA of youth players for obvious reasons. That's what you have ingame scouting for, and even then you don't get a specific value of a players PA.

I don't really care if people use third party scouts since it doesn't concern me. I personally prefer not to use them as I see it as cheating and that just ruins the game for me. It's somewhere on the line with loading back if you lose a match, it's just not fun (to me).

cougar...than, if i want all the youth players from the game, in the first season, i can use the editor to search for them...is that cheating too?cause its part of the game...i cant wait to see your answer...and i am a serious fm player, playing this game since 1999...so, if i want to use a third party thingy, i will use it, no matter what opinions there are...its everybody's choice...as long as they do not use it to change other stuff...as long as it is used to SCOUT players, i think that no other third party programs are considered cheating...anyway, as i said above, its everybody's choice and you do not have to judge someone by this ;)

cougar...than, if i want all the youth players from the game, in the first season, i can use the editor to search for them...is that cheating too?cause its part of the game...i cant wait to see your answer...and i am a serious fm player, playing this game since 1999...so, if i want to use a third party thingy, i will use it, no matter what opinions there are...its everybody's choice...as long as they do not use it to change other stuff...as long as it is used to SCOUT players, i think that no other third party programs are considered cheating...anyway, as i said above, its everybody's choice and you do not have to judge someone by this ;)

It's cheating, but it's your game, so do what you like with it :p

The editor is NOT part of the main game, it is a separate tool albeit made by the same company.

It can be used in a variety of ways but using it to view hidden player skills attributes and then use that knowledge in a game I would personally class as cheating.

But as you have said each player can play their game their way and I have no problem with the way you choose to play your game.

I have issue with you advising others that using a 3rd party scouting tool is NOT CHEATING.

i know what cheating means, as i am a tester...trust me, we use lots of things in our advantage...but third party programs...in my firm...not cheating...just making life better :) anyway, i do not want to argue, cause i do not like that...just expressed an opinion, as you did too, so we must end the talks now, and leave matt007(who made the thread)and others to make their own games and to use whatever programs they want...cheers and happy holidays ;):)

Archived