Other ways to increase team income?

Me again. :p If you guys weren't so great at answering questions, I wouldn't post so many. Many thanks to all of the help provided. You have a great forum here. That said...

What things can I do to increase the income/balance of my team? Obvious things like:

• don't spend as much on wages
  • make money in the transfer market
  • farming youth and raising them into transferable stars
  • increase the size of your stadium if you have the opportunity

Anything else I'm overlooking? I'm still relatively early in my game and don't want to overlook things.

werkz

Me again. :p If you guys weren't so great at answering questions, I wouldn't post so many. Many thanks to all of the help provided. You have a great forum here. That said...

What things can I do to increase the income/balance of my team? Obvious things like:

• don't spend as much on wages
  • make money in the transfer market
  • farming youth and raising them into transferable stars
  • increase the size of your stadium if you have the opportunity

Anything else I'm overlooking? I'm still relatively early in my game and don't want to overlook things.

werkz

1/ Arrange pre-season friendlies with big clubs to attract big crowds.

2/ Ask for feeder clubs, eventually the board may give you a merchandiser option.

3/ If you can't sell a player, try to loan him out with the loan club paying at least some of the wages. If he's on a big wage, it might be worth selling for free just to get him off the wage bill. DON'T be afraid to cut your losses.

4/ When offering contracts, don't offer the signing on fee, I never go, and decrease all the other aspects in the contract, it usually won't make a difference and the player will still sign.

5/ Sell players over 24 months, you can usually get a lot more money that way.

6/ Take domestic cups seriously, you can make good money in gate receipts, not to mention the prize money does add up.

6/ Take domestic cups seriously, you can make good money in gate receipts, not to mention the prize money does add up.

Definitely! depending on which league you are in you can make more from one game against a top team than your combined gate receipts for the whole season or more, so if you have limited resources, navigating the early rounds should be a priority.

1/ Arrange pre-season friendlies with big clubs to attract big crowds.

2/ Ask for feeder clubs, eventually the board may give you a merchandiser option.

3/ If you can't sell a player, try to loan him out with the loan club paying at least some of the wages. If he's on a big wage, it might be worth selling for free just to get him off the wage bill. DON'T be afraid to cut your losses.

4/ When offering contracts, don't offer the signing on fee, I never go, and decrease all the other aspects in the contract, it usually won't make a difference and the player will still sign.

5/ Sell players over 24 months, you can usually get a lot more money that way.

Awesome stuff.

1) Could my comparatively small team (Chivas from Mexico) attract a team like Barcelona to play a friendly? They did in real life. I don't have a lot of experience with arranging friendlies.

2) How many feeder clubs can a team have? I already asked for a feeder club and selected one. It wasn't a merchandiser though. Is this club only going to cost me money now? If so, can I cancel that feeder and choose a different one?

3) Don't have a lot of loan experience. Do I just set his status to 'Loan' and wait for answers?

4) Signing on fee: You simply erase it from the contract offering? Hmm. I always tweaked a few things lower here and there, but never chanced deleting it. I'm usually bidding for that players service against a number of teams and didn't want to risk him saying no.

5) Over 24 years old? I'm not playing in a big league with numerous youths to sign on. This might not be a viable option for me until I can poach my competitors youths.

6) I do. :)

Chivas is the biggest team in North/Central America. I wouldn't call them small by any stretch of the imagination.

Them and America (MEX)... sure.

But relative to Real Madrid, Juventus, AC Milan, Internazionale, Bayern, Barcelona, Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool where I expect most people who play this are most familiar with as 'BIG' teams.

The other message board I used to post a fair amount on was almost purely from the UK and couldn't name one player off the Chivas. Ronaldo alone is almost worth the total net worth of the Chivas.

Don't take my opinion of their success internationally as a sign of disrespect to the club. I love the Chivas. My wife played for the women's Chivas. Not saying much, but we are proudly part of El Rebano Sagrado.

• 3 months later...

Well, you could try sleeping with a russian oligarch, or a steel magnate, or a race team owner, or an edinburgh cab driver, you know, someone with a hell of a lot of cash, and time on their hands!! If you're good, and maybe a little kinky, he may give you a few quid in ''PIN'' money

Archived