Does anyone use a sweeper?

If so who? And in what formation?

I usually play a 4-2-1-2-1 with two DMs and one creative CM with two wingers but I find even with six defensive players, I get overwhelmed by the likes of Barca and Real (I'm Zaragoza in the second season, 2nd place). Will playing a sweeper help in this situation? I'd either sacrifice a DM or the CM (most likely)?

Sorry if this is the wrong forum.

If so who? And in what formation?

I usually play a 4-2-1-2-1 with two DMs and one creative CM with two wingers but I find even with six defensive players, I get overwhelmed by the likes of Barca and Real (I'm Zaragoza in the second season, 2nd place). Will playing a sweeper help in this situation? I'd either sacrifice a DM or the CM (most likely)?

Sorry if this is the wrong forum.

I use a wwfan T&TF inspired 442 but have an awesome DC/SW and keep getting AI SC's running through my back line so have started dropping that DC to SW, the other DC moved across to central - it seems to work (with "Defensive" & "Control" tactics) but I only do it as an in match reaction to the first annoying break through my defence. I dont want to start as 1342. BTW DL/R's not tucked in as extra DC l/r's. Also worked in a Diamond 131212.

Archived