Tactics/Training Improvement Idea

Hi, this is something I wrote as part of another thread but it is something that has been in my mind for a while but it was only a post by WWFAN in that thread that got me to write it out!

I have felt this for a while. Why should training just focus on the stats of the players? Wouldn't it also be also be able to get players to train on formations, and on how to play in certain styles?

For example:

One of the training modules should be Match Experience or something similar. As part of this module you could allocate a certain amount of time to playing a training game with your preferred playing style. You could then allocate some time to playing with your 'Closing the game out' or 'chasing game' formations.

The beauty of something like this is that you could spend time in the tactics section making a new tactic. Then you could go into the training module and instruct the players to spend some time playing with this tactic as part of their 'match experience' module. Your Ass Man could then give feedback on how the tactic is working out and then also when it comes to implementing it in a proper game it wont be the first time the players have played with this formation.

I hope that makes sense!

Thoughts?

I don't want training to be overcomplicated, its something i've never taken interest in personally.. I just signed the best coaches i cab, click auto-assign and leave the training as it is.. I presume a lot of people don't even go that far and just ignore it completely.. I'd rather they make advancements elsewhere personally

Hi, this is something I wrote as part of another thread but it is something that has been in my mind for a while but it was only a post by WWFAN in that thread that got me to write it out!

I have felt this for a while. Why should training just focus on the stats of the players? Wouldn't it also be also be able to get players to train on formations, and on how to play in certain styles?

For example:

One of the training modules should be Match Experience or something similar. As part of this module you could allocate a certain amount of time to playing a training game with your preferred playing style. You could then allocate some time to playing with your 'Closing the game out' or 'chasing game' formations.

The beauty of something like this is that you could spend time in the tactics section making a new tactic. Then you could go into the training module and instruct the players to spend some time playing with this tactic as part of their 'match experience' module. Your Ass Man could then give feedback on how the tactic is working out and then also when it comes to implementing it in a proper game it wont be the first time the players have played with this formation.

I hope that makes sense!

Thoughts?

I have to say I love this idea, I've found it annoying in all the versions of fm that I've played that once you choose a formation, you are essentially forced to stick with it for at least an entire season, or you risk going on a multi-game losing streak as the players in your team adjust to the new formation. This idea if implemented could go some way to making it less difficult to maintain form when you change formation, which is something you may be forced to do as a manager due to injuries or suspensions to key players in certain positions of your preferred formation.

Slipknot - you dont loose games because youve changed your formation. In fact this can help break that loosing streak by changing to something completely different - Its a myth to suggest you cant change formation because the players wont know what they are to do.

Anyway, back on topic, training has always been basic, I like the idea suggested - elaborating by practicing specific set-piece moves from free kicks and corners.

On the other hand, you could mix and test tactics using the reserves for the moment.

Hi Guys - Just to add I am playing as Rangers, with reasonable success but could do better and not sure if i'm doing enough on the training side of things? Does anyone put alot of yime into this ie instructing new skills for players etc, just wondering if there will be a benfit to 'putting in more time' on training pitch, or do you move swiftly onto the next game and focus more on tactics? any help welcomed Mon The Gers!!!!

Archived