FourFourTwo's Champions League Challenge

In a FourFourTwo magazine around three years ago, there was an article about the average age and nationality of the players who had won the Champions League. As I'm sure you have guessed, the challenge is to win the Champion's League, with your team matching the following as much as possible;

Pos: Nation - Age

GK: Spanish - 23

DR: Italian - 32

DL: Brazilian - 27

DC: Italian - 28

DC: Spanish - 28

MR: Dutch - 24

ML: Portuguese - 26

MC: German - 29

MC: French - 26

ST: Brazilian - 25

ST: Italian - 29

There will be a points scoring system for how close you get to succesful completing the challenge. These are as follows;

10 points for every player with the correct nationality in the correct position.

20 points for every player with the correct age in the correct position, you get five points taken off for every year away.

So potentially, to really, trully complete the challenge, you would amass a total of 330 points. Also, second nationality's do count.

There is also a criteria to further challenge you (not like you need it!), you are to obviously manage a team in Europe, but in England and Italy, you are not allowed to manage the Top Four in the respective country. Then, in Spain, you are not allowed to manage the Big Three. Then, in Germany or France, you are not allowed to manage the top team, then in the rest of Europe, you can manage anyone you like!

So basically, you can't manage the following;

England - Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal

Italy - Inter, AC, Juventus, Roma

Spain - Real, Barca, Valencia

Germany - Bayern

France - Lyon

As for your manager, you can have any reputation you would like, any nationality or second nationality. Just post a screenshot of your manager profile within the first week of starting the game.

I think that sums everything up, and if not, don't hesitate to ask!

Good luck!

This looks like a great challenge. I don;t really have time to try it though. Busy with uni, and then when I do get to play its either my Leeds save, Real London CSE save or updating my sign-up. Good luck to you though.

I think if I were to do it then i'd buy in players which would suit the criteria in three years. That way I would give myself enough time to get Champions League football, and also enough time to get players over that period. 4-5 years is very similar though.

Hi there.

I like the sound of this challenge so I'm going to have a go at it.

My strategy

I have decided to start with Manchester City. Seems easiest to start with the team with the resources and go from there. It shouldn't take long to get into the Champions League and start increasing the reputation.

Once in the Champions League, I will begin to start aiming for a Champions League win in 4/5 years. This will include building a little at a time, signing players who fit the criteria (4/5 years from the right age and position and nationality) and building up to the victory at the required 'perfect moment' for the challenge.

I hope more people get involved in this!

10 points for every player with the correct nationality in the correct position.

20 points for every player with the correct age in the correct position, you get five points taken off for every year away.

What if the player is the right age but not the right nationality? Would that be 20 points? Or can you not get the age points unless you get the nationality points?

Here is my starting profile

Starting Profile

Like I said, I have decided to get into the Champions League with Manchester City first and then go from there.

I've spent a considerable chunk of cash on getting the squad competitive as you can see from these screens!

Transfers - First Transfer Window

First Team Squad after Transfer Window

I'm figuring that this squad should be able to get into the Champions League and could possibly challenge for the title. I haven't signed any players with a specific idea of them being part of a Champions League winning team for this challenge just yet.

However ...

If I can keep hold of Robinho, then there is a potential Brazilian/Italian strikeforce with the addition of Mario Balotelli.

Archived